Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Will I be able to use these books?

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2011 at 1:32 PM
  • 5 Replies

My daughter isn't school age yet, but I am all about planning ahead.. I went to an Atlanta Goodwill the other day and found loads of textbooks. There was one science book that I could tell came straight from a school. It seemed like it had never even been used. It had that page in the front where the kid writes their name and year and condition of the book.. I also found some workbooks and teacher editions of some math and science books.. I was in shock cause they were all in perfect condition and only were $0.75 - $1 and are for earlier years.. a couple of the fun workbooks were for pre-k and it went up to maybe 2nd grade..

My question is though, is this something you would use? I plan on making my own curriculum to save money so this seemed right up my alley, but I just want to make sure that I'm on the right path with all of this..

by on Oct. 14, 2011 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
oredeb
by on Oct. 14, 2011 at 3:36 PM

hi victoria, i would use them!! start gathering school stuff!! i like going to the goodwills and thrift stores finding books!

how old is your daughter?

mom2queenie2004
by on Oct. 14, 2011 at 8:18 PM

I would use them too. Even if you don't use it for a whole year, or all at once. They are good to use for a starting point and add to it if you want to.

victoriaherring
by Member on Oct. 14, 2011 at 10:21 PM

My daughter is only 13 months so it will be quite a while before we can use them, but it seemed like stuff that would be relevant in a few years. I was even thinking of making copies of some of the workbook pages just so I can use them again if we have another child. I've really been planning ahead. I've even started stocking up on school supplies by hitting sales and using coupons. Most of what I got was almost free so she's gonna be set once she can start. I hope she is like me and enjoys this kind of stuff.

bmw29
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2011 at 10:27 PM

I don't see why not. If you find out later that one of the books just doesn't work for your child your only out $1 tops. I would have bought them too. :)

oredeb
by on Oct. 15, 2011 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this

great!! yes make copies! i reuse my workbooks all the time, you probably know this (I didnt) but dont buy glue sticks and store them! ahhahah they dry up!hahahah i lost a lot of them one year!hahahahahahah 

Quoting victoriaherring:

My daughter is only 13 months so it will be quite a while before we can use them, but it seemed like stuff that would be relevant in a few years. I was even thinking of making copies of some of the workbook pages just so I can use them again if we have another child. I've really been planning ahead. I've even started stocking up on school supplies by hitting sales and using coupons. Most of what I got was almost free so she's gonna be set once she can start. I hope she is like me and enjoys this kind of stuff.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN