Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What things do you make as Christmas gifts?

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2011 at 11:59 AM
  • 20 Replies

Maybe I steal some ideas! lol

by on Oct. 15, 2011 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Julia on Oct. 15, 2011 at 12:06 PM

I like to do scrapbook type stuff of pictures I took for the kids as gifts for the grandparents etc.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2011 at 12:08 PM

Aw, cute!

carolkey74
by on Oct. 15, 2011 at 6:31 PM
Flavored butter! Either make it from scratch, or just use softened store bought butter, and mix in honey, cinnamon, sage, or anything else you can think of! I then wrap it in cheesecloth, and keep it chilled until I'm ready to give it away. Everyone loves it, and its really easy and inexpensive.
sew4fun
by on Oct. 15, 2011 at 6:52 PM

I make scrap books full of pictures of my girls,my husband and I for the grand parents, along with a gift basket that has hand made soap,candles,pot holders,and baked goods. I also try to make my MIL table settings ( runner,napkins,table cloth,place mats and a center piece.) I make my girls dress up clothes and hair things, special dresses , outfits ( pants) pajamas,robe, hooded towels,doll clothes,barbi clothes,crayon rolls. and a few other things. I do ALOT of sewing,soap making,baking and jewelry making for christmas.

Michelle914
by on Oct. 16, 2011 at 12:51 AM

We have pear trees and black berries so I like to pick the fruit and make jam to give as gifts.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 16, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Oh, yum! Just regular butter?

Quoting carolkey74:

Flavored butter! Either make it from scratch, or just use softened store bought butter, and mix in honey, cinnamon, sage, or anything else you can think of! I then wrap it in cheesecloth, and keep it chilled until I'm ready to give it away. Everyone loves it, and its really easy and inexpensive.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 16, 2011 at 5:36 PM

WOW! You must start in March to get it all done!

Quoting sew4fun:

I make scrap books full of pictures of my girls,my husband and I for the grand parents, along with a gift basket that has hand made soap,candles,pot holders,and baked goods. I also try to make my MIL table settings ( runner,napkins,table cloth,place mats and a center piece.) I make my girls dress up clothes and hair things, special dresses , outfits ( pants) pajamas,robe, hooded towels,doll clothes,barbi clothes,crayon rolls. and a few other things. I do ALOT of sewing,soap making,baking and jewelry making for christmas.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 16, 2011 at 5:38 PM

I wish I had access to fruit trees. 8) You're lucky!

Quoting Michelle914:

We have pear trees and black berries so I like to pick the fruit and make jam to give as gifts.

beluvdwife
by on Oct. 16, 2011 at 11:33 PM

Michael's has great choices, pictures: if you don't want to do a scrapbook and just something similar: I did wooden frames and decorated them and gave only one really nice pic!  I put the kids handprints on an 8x10 frame!

aroling
by on Oct. 17, 2011 at 6:24 AM
I made coasters last year. Super easy, cheap, & cutie. Everyone loved them!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN