Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What things do you make as Christmas gifts?

Posted by   + Show Post

Maybe I steal some ideas! lol

by on Oct. 15, 2011 at 11:59 AM
Replies (11-20):
carolkey74
by on Oct. 17, 2011 at 10:39 AM
Yep, just regular butter! I got the idea from a Southern Living cookbook. It's so easy, but it's always a hit!

Quoting mem82:

Oh, yum! Just regular butter?

Quoting carolkey74:

Flavored butter! Either make it from scratch, or just use softened store bought butter, and mix in honey, cinnamon, sage, or anything else you can think of! I then wrap it in cheesecloth, and keep it chilled until I'm ready to give it away. Everyone loves it, and its really easy and inexpensive.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by debbie on Oct. 17, 2011 at 10:42 AM

what kind of coasters aroling?? what did you make them out of? instrutions??hahahah

Quoting aroling:

I made coasters last year. Super easy, cheap, & cutie. Everyone loved them!

oredeb
by debbie on Oct. 17, 2011 at 10:44 AM

that sounds so neat! do you have a picture of one?? we shop at michaels also, oldest dd just got a few frames and is framing some neat rice paper she got.

Quoting beluvdwife:

Michael's has great choices, pictures: if you don't want to do a scrapbook and just something similar: I did wooden frames and decorated them and gave only one really nice pic!  I put the kids handprints on an 8x10 frame!

luvthesoap
by on Oct. 17, 2011 at 11:39 AM

Handcrafted Soaps. My family loves them.

Betty in KY

beluvdwife
by on Oct. 19, 2011 at 11:39 PM

No, I don't.  I'm sorry.  My boys were dressed in blue and white with a Christmas tree from Target and so I painted the wooden frame white, handprints in blue and Christmas and the year in blue.  then put an 8x10 in there!  Super cute!!!! AND cheap!  I think it cost me LESS than $10 and then the next time I did someone else's (another grandparents) it was even less minus the paint I had already paid for!!!!

LaughterHugs
by on Oct. 19, 2011 at 11:45 PM

last year DD1 made everyone cookies (4 different types, snickerdoodles, choc chip, sugar with decorations and gingerbread) then decorated jars to put them in, and also decorated frames and put in a pic of her and DD2 with whichever famiyl member it was going to :P

bettyjeanmarino
by on Oct. 20, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Scrapbook cookbook! 

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 21, 2011 at 6:13 PM

I will have to try this!

Quoting carolkey74:

Flavored butter! Either make it from scratch, or just use softened store bought butter, and mix in honey, cinnamon, sage, or anything else you can think of! I then wrap it in cheesecloth, and keep it chilled until I'm ready to give it away. Everyone loves it, and its really easy and inexpensive.

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 21, 2011 at 6:15 PM

Last year we did cake balls, chocolate chip cookies & peppermint bark.

aroling
by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 11:26 AM

sorry it took me so long to get back to you.  i check cafemom from my phone and i need to be at the computer (and remember to respond) to give you the link.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4591552_ceramic-tile-coasters.html

everyone loved them!  I made about 20 sets of 4 for dance and swimming lesson teacher, church friends, and family members.  funny thing is i didn't keep any for myself ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)