Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Who keeps a stocked or unstocked pantry?

Posted by   + Show Post

do you have a pantry?

do you stock it? for those unseen times when we might need the extra?

pictures?

by on Oct. 17, 2011 at 11:02 AM
Replies (11-20):
twyliatepeka
by Bronze Member on Oct. 19, 2011 at 12:12 PM

when we are not on such a tight budget i TRY to keep our pantry full. but right now...its about empty.

misselphaba
by on Oct. 19, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Mine is stocked for about a month or so.  I have some things extra.  I try and stay stocked, freezer/pantry, for a month at a time ~ in the winter, when we may not be able to run out and grab something, I try and stock for six weeks.

oredeb
by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 12:14 PM

we are getting the freezer stocked, some more salmon and an elk! will be going out this weekend.

moneysaver6
by on Oct. 27, 2011 at 1:08 PM

Always.  We learned the hard way the importance of having a stockpile.  Well, I wouldn't say we learned the hard way.  Our hard work of building a pantry paid off when we needed to live off of it for a year.  We purchased only the bare minimums (fresh produce) and many months didn't purchase any groceries at all.  It was a tough year and we were so thankful to have had that stockpile as a back up. 

I HIGHLY recommend that everyone have at LEAST a month's worth of food stocked up.  However, I believe 3 months is ever better...and that 1 year is best. 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2011 at 4:29 PM

Wow! You have incredible perseverance.

Quoting moneysaver6:

Always.  We learned the hard way the importance of having a stockpile.  Well, I wouldn't say we learned the hard way.  Our hard work of building a pantry paid off when we needed to live off of it for a year.  We purchased only the bare minimums (fresh produce) and many months didn't purchase any groceries at all.  It was a tough year and we were so thankful to have had that stockpile as a back up. 

I HIGHLY recommend that everyone have at LEAST a month's worth of food stocked up.  However, I believe 3 months is ever better...and that 1 year is best. 

nazmom2be
by New Member on Oct. 27, 2011 at 4:36 PM

Since I have started uing coupons I have been able to stock up, but not hoard.  I can even buy more meat now.  I saved 200.00 last month by using the coupons...@ 1 store.  I don't store hop as I don't see the savings in doing that with gas prices as high as they are.

I have my kitchen stocked and my cupboards in the garage with some food.  I mostly have Progresso soup in the garage.  It will help this winter.

nazmom2be
by New Member on Oct. 27, 2011 at 4:37 PM

I also get my fresh fruit and veggies from bountiful baskets.  My chicken and stuff like that I stock pile from zaycon foods.

bellableu87
by on Oct. 27, 2011 at 7:47 PM
We have a very small house so I don't have a whole lot of space. But we do have a small area that I keep stocked and add a little each week and sometimes even more when we have extra money. But we do have a deep freeze we stock up with meats suck as a pig we had slaughtered, frozzen pizzas, lazzanias, burritos,milk,freash fruits and vegys,waffles,desserts,beef, chicken ect. And we also have a green house were we get tomatoes, peppers and lettuce.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovemyQ
by on Oct. 27, 2011 at 7:51 PM

Me too. You are a silly girl boobah.

Quoting oredeb:

hahahah boobah you make me laugh!!!

Quoting Boobah:

It's stocked... Full of junk. seriously I don't have many things that go together. Lol
Always have taco season and no meat, chili beans but no tomato paste, peanut butter but no jelly. I've been a planning nightmare lately.

LovemyQ
by on Oct. 27, 2011 at 7:52 PM

pLease be careful with Progresso. Many of thier soups still contain MSG which is a neurotoxin and can affect people greatly.

congrats on saving that much! I love coupons too.

Quoting nazmom2be:

Since I have started uing coupons I have been able to stock up, but not hoard.  I can even buy more meat now.  I saved 200.00 last month by using the coupons...@ 1 store.  I don't store hop as I don't see the savings in doing that with gas prices as high as they are.

I have my kitchen stocked and my cupboards in the garage with some food.  I mostly have Progresso soup in the garage.  It will help this winter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)