Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What books have YOU been reading?

Posted by on Oct. 19, 2011 at 9:21 AM
  • 29 Replies
by on Oct. 19, 2011 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Oct. 19, 2011 at 9:25 AM
Parenting with love and logic. Lol, nothing fun. After this, I'll be reading up on homebirth. Just when I thought I'd get to read something fun. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SCmomof3girls
by on Oct. 19, 2011 at 9:44 AM

I just finished a couple by Joy Fielding....she was the author of the month in another group. The first was Grand Avenue (good but kind of disturbing), and the other was Heartstopper (pretty good).  Now I am reading...I think it's called A Touch of Dead by Charlaine Harris....it's 5 Sookie Stackhouse short stories.  That will not take long, so next up is Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner, and re-reading The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown.

FlyHippie
by on Oct. 19, 2011 at 9:46 AM

Just finished "Siddhartha" and now reading "Gullivers Travels" because my kiddo has to read it, and I never have! LOL!...oh, in between those I read "Water for Elephants"...also a great read.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Oct. 19, 2011 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Right now it seems like I am reading so many different books.  I just finished Love in a Time of Homeschooling, a book on Nikola Tesla, and I am currently reading a boook on Einstein, The ten most beautiful science experiments,  a book by Ashely Judd.  My 4th grader asked to learn physics this year so I am studying up on Physics and reading some really cool books on it.  Physics is so much more interesting that I ever thought it was.  I learning so many things about Thomas Edison and how he was not the good man as I was taught that he was while in school.  Last month my librarian asked me if I homeschooled.  I asked her if it shows.  LOL  Apparently I don't look like a person that would check our 4 adult physics books. 

oredeb
by on Oct. 19, 2011 at 11:33 AM

couple books im reading

where to find gold in oregon

soap makers workshop by dr robert mcdaniel

goats milk soapmaking by anne watson

plus trying to keep up with my students in there studies!

oredeb
by on Oct. 19, 2011 at 11:33 AM

laughing at you jen!!!

Quoting jen2150:

Right now it seems like I am reading so many different books.  I just finished Love in a Time of Homeschooling, a book on Nikola Tesla, and I am currently reading a boook on Einstein, The ten most beautiful science experiments,  a book by Ashely Judd.  My 4th grader asked to learn physics this year so I am studying up on Physics and reading some really cool books on it.  Physics is so much more interesting that I ever thought it was.  I learning so many things about Thomas Edison and how he was not the good man as I was taught that he was while in school.  Last month my librarian asked me if I homeschooled.  I asked her if it shows.  LOL  Apparently I don't look like a person that would check our 4 adult physics books. 

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 19, 2011 at 1:19 PM

I have been reading to my kids mostly so they are all kid books

Alice in wonderland

Grimm's Brothers Fairy tales

Has Christian Anderson Fairy Tales

Ella Enchanted

James & the Giant Peach

The Princess Bride

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Oct. 19, 2011 at 3:15 PM

I am reading a Rick Riordan book, Rebel Island.  I love his books for the younger crowd, but this is the first of  his grown up books that I've read, and I'm not sure if I'm as enthralled with it as with The Lightning Thief or others...

I just finished Son of Neptune, the second in another series of his, and I recently read Homer's Odyssey by Gwen Cooper.  

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Oct. 19, 2011 at 3:15 PM

The kids and I are reading Adam of the Road right now, and we have 3 Cups of Tea on CD.

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Oct. 19, 2011 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Read first two in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. Reading the first one in the Kane series. Also read Fallen and Vampire Academy. Um the first two books in the Morrganville vampire series. I know there are two mor but cannot think of them, and this was only the last two months or less. I'm a readaholic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)