Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What books have YOU been reading?

Posted by   + Show Post
by on Oct. 19, 2011 at 9:21 AM
Replies (21-29):
TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2011 at 7:20 PM

Some excellent books!

Quoting Silverkitty:

Read first two in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. Reading the first one in the Kane series. Also read Fallen and Vampire Academy. Um the first two books in the Morrganville vampire series. I know there are two mor but cannot think of them, and this was only the last two months or less. I'm a readaholic.

cedailey
by on Oct. 20, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Last week I read Jack Chalker's Three Kings trilogy, and right now I'm reading The Coming Population Crash and Our Planet's Surprising Future by Fred Pearce.

Kaylon
by on Oct. 20, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Reading "The Unschooling handbook" by Mary Griffin.  and Janette Oke Love comes softly series.  

JKronrod
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2011 at 12:50 PM

Washington by Ron Chernow.  His biography of Alexander Hamilton was hands-down the best biography I've ever read.  Washington is a harder subject, but, so far, this one is great, too.  (It won the Pulitzer, so I guess it should be, LOL).

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 21, 2011 at 6:00 PM

I am going to have to look in to some of the books everyone is reading!

ParkersMom1992
by on Oct. 21, 2011 at 6:01 PM

BANG BANG by chelsea handler.

katzmeow726
by on Oct. 21, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Reading the Lord of the Rings trilogy for the 10,000th time lol, and Light in August by Faulker.  It is probably my favorite out of all his books. 

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2011 at 9:49 AM

Janet Evanovich always makes me laugh!  I enjoy Nora Roberts too, though I've given up trying to figure out which ones I've read!

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Hmmm.... I'mfeeling guilty for not having any homeschool books on my list ..lol

Janet Evonovich - Stephanie plum novels

James Patterson -The Whole Truth (just finished this one)

Tolkien's The Hobbit

Nora Roberts - whichecer books i cna get my paws on ..lol

oh..and the Chronicles of Narnia- just got the big edition with all books in one ...

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2011 at 9:50 AM

The Hunger Games Trilogy was good, very powerful.  Water for Elephants was very moving.  I wasn't sure I liked it, but it was very well written.

Quoting Gumberly:

"why gender matters" by leonard sax and "A Dance with dragons" by George R.R. Martin. The second one is requiring some seriouse memory recall since the last book in the series was over 6 years ago and I didn't reread all the old ones before I started this one.
I read all 3 hunger games books in a week and have the "Power of six" the seconds book in the Lorien legacies series waiting on my book shelf but I am trying to be good and finish a book before I start another for a change lol.
I finished "water for elephants" in a couple days. I wasn't sure if I would like it or not before I read it but I am so glad I decided to give it a try.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)