Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Who's homeschooling in other countries?

Posted by on Oct. 19, 2011 at 12:54 PM
  • 9 Replies

canada? overseas? mexico? islands, continents? other places besides united states?

is it easy to homeschool? do you have laws you have to follow?

how involved is your govenment?

easy to get leaning materials?

by on Oct. 19, 2011 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jusalang
by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 11:51 AM
I have the same guestion. We live in korea (not military) and no longer have a residence in the States. We are thinking about homescooling my daughter next year in first grade and need to know if there are any regulations we have to follow.
oredeb
by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 12:28 PM
mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2011 at 3:57 PM

not me, I'm in Ohio

usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 20, 2011 at 4:48 PM

I meet 2 Moms one from Japan & the other from Brazil that are homeschooling their children here in America.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 20, 2011 at 8:54 PM
Lol, same here! But I've heard of so many people doing it while they lived in other countries temporarily. How awesome of an experience would that be!?

Quoting mem82:

not me, I'm in Ohio

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2011 at 9:04 PM

I would LOVE to go over to Britain and homeschool for a while. All that history thisclose would be amazing.

Quoting Boobah:

Lol, same here! But I've heard of so many people doing it while they lived in other countries temporarily. How awesome of an experience would that be!?

Quoting mem82:

not me, I'm in Ohio

oredeb
by on Dec. 20, 2011 at 7:57 PM

BUMP!

101stwife
by Member on Dec. 21, 2011 at 2:08 PM

We are! My husband is in the Army and we are stationed in Germany. I am going to be homeschooling my two 5th graders. We do not have to follow any laws as long as we are overseas. But, when we PCS back we have to follow the laws for our home of record (Ohio) or the state we claim residence in (Tennessee). So, it is important to keep track of the hours and attendance for when we move back.

Living in Europe is definitely awesome when it comes to field trips!

oredeb
by on Dec. 21, 2011 at 8:17 PM

wow thats great!!!! i bet you get some great field trips!!

Quoting 101stwife:

We are! My husband is in the Army and we are stationed in Germany. I am going to be homeschooling my two 5th graders. We do not have to follow any laws as long as we are overseas. But, when we PCS back we have to follow the laws for our home of record (Ohio) or the state we claim residence in (Tennessee). So, it is important to keep track of the hours and attendance for when we move back.

Living in Europe is definitely awesome when it comes to field trips!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)