Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What curriculum are you using?

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2011 at 11:18 AM
  • 26 Replies

what are you using to homeschool your kids?

name or list of the curriculum or what your using

maybe some of the other moms would have questions about what we use or dont us!

by on Oct. 20, 2011 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2011 at 12:15 PM

I make my own! 8)

mspuff
by on Oct. 20, 2011 at 12:47 PM

I am using the Horizons curriculum. Its Christian based and it is wonderful! DD is a little ahead of what they teach but I am able to adjust it to fit her level. I love that it has crafts, songs, neat idea, recipies...so much! I also make up worksheets of my own since DD can already write her letters that give her writing and spelling practice. She has already started reading and I think this program works!

HavenWoodHome
by on Oct. 20, 2011 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

We don't use a set curriculum. We are relaxed, interest-based, quasi-unschoolers.

For Math my husband uses Life of Fred because he and Levi really enjoy it.

For science we use a mix. Right now we're doing some lessons in last years Bob Jones University Science that we never finished. No assignments or tests or quizzes though. We use the internet and the libray a lot too. My son is interested in robots and engineering, so he reads books in that field. We do science experiements.

We don't use a curriculum for Language. Just life learning and usage. My son likes to do research reports. He hates writing so he types everything.

For History my son only wants to read a textbook. We are using the BJU American Republic. He just reads it. No quizes or tests or questions to answer.

No music or art or team sports, as my son dislikes these.

Visit my homeschool blog....HavenWood HomeSchool

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 20, 2011 at 2:42 PM
3 moms liked this

We unschool so no curriculum here just the Internet, library, Netflix & living life is how we learn everyday.

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2011 at 4:18 PM
Learning literature through language arts - purple - daily - chapter books and also reads whatever she is interested in.

All about spelling - level 1 Life - daily - moving quickly since it is needed review

Life of Fred - fractions - MWF - silly book, good way to get my dd to enjoy math again

Great science adventures - insects and arachnids - daily - hands on science, makes books and reads biographies.

All american history - part 1- MWF every other week - indepth look at americas history

History and geography - life pac grade 5- MWF every other week - quick overview of americas history

Geography daily - level 5 evan-moore- daily geography practice

Story of the world - ancients - chapter when dd wants to read it

Health - haricourt grade 5 - T/Th every other week

Phonics - spectrum level 5 - T/Th ever other week

Typing - penguin typing - usually daily, but whenever dd wants to

Might seem like a lot but my dd enjoys most of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gingergarcia
by on Oct. 20, 2011 at 5:13 PM

I am using the workbooks for each subjects that i purchased from Books A Million store, i have a whole curriculum from math, social studies, language arts, grammar, spelling, writing, science, reading.  There is a binder for each subject except i used dividers to seperate the language/grammar/spelling/writing  just like this. It all works great. There are a few sites i use like  superteacherworksheets  and they are also great, they carry all kinds of worksheets for each grade level. They even offer printable awards and other information for you.

nikki0522
by on Oct. 20, 2011 at 5:21 PM

Math: Math Mammoth, IXL

Language Arts: Head of The Class

Spelling: McGuffey's Eclectic Spelling Book, Spelling City

Science: Apologia Flying Creatures of The Fifth Day

History: The Usborne Internet Linked Encyclopedia of The Ancient World, A Child's History of The World

Art: The Lamb's Book of Art

Various lapbooks and unit studies

Follow my homeschool blog, Click here! Free Homeschool 101 blog, Click Here!

Join The Homeschoolers Cafe - Group Admin

Join Homeschool 101 (On a Budget) - Group Admin

Join Keeping It Real - Group Admin

Michelle914
by on Oct. 20, 2011 at 5:43 PM
We are using Singapore Math, Explode the Code, Evan Moore Daily Science and Apologia Science for Anatomy, Look I'm Reading Books, lots of library books for Social Studies. My kids take classes in art, music, dance, science and go to a play group, Awanans and Sunday School. We find recipes and craft ideas to work on together from the internet. I also use print-outs from the internet of information and work pages on various subjects that we are studying.
TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2011 at 7:07 PM

We use a unit study curriculum called Learning Adventures, and we absolutely LOVE IT!  We also do a lot of day-to-day learning in things that we are interested in, and dive even deeper into some unit topics than what is provided, with supplementary materials, or researching and building our own.  It is going to take us 2 years to get through one year's volume, but that's okay, because I know we went a mile deep.  

We use Math-U-See, which all of my children seem to like, and even more importantly, make progress in.

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2011 at 7:15 PM

And Prima Latina.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)