Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

This weekend:

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2011 at 8:37 AM
  • 8 Replies
What is going on this weekend for you and your family?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 22, 2011 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Oct. 22, 2011 at 8:38 AM
I am going to make myself do laundry, fold and put it away.
Hopefully go look at cars, although I'm still kicking and screaming about losing my jeep. ;)
Maybe a pumpkin patch Sunday if I feel better.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 22, 2011 at 2:15 PM

Well hubby woke up feeling sick so I am playing nursemaid to him & trying to keep the kids entertained & out of his hair so he can rest.

gingergarcia
by on Oct. 22, 2011 at 7:34 PM

Just having some quality family time together!

JoyfulMommyof2
by on Oct. 22, 2011 at 8:34 PM

We had an awesome day!  My two children are in our Homeschool 4-H Club.  They have joined the 4-H shooting sports club (archery and bb guns), and today was Family Fun Day, their fundraiser.  The whole family got to go out to the range for target practicing with lunch included (burger, chips & drink) for $25 per family.  It was a beautiful day to do anything outdoors, and it was such a family-friendly day.  It made me think of the old-time days at the fair when it was about family and not an excuse for people to get drunk and party.

We went shopping at the sporting goods store afterwards (Academy), and we just returned home from going to vote for governor, etc.

Tomorrow morning is church, then we usually go to lunch with friends.  We may go to see the Dolphin Tail movie afterwards.  I scored two free movie tickets and a large popcorn and drink with mycokerewards.com.  We'll come home afterwards and probably spend time in the backyard or just chillin' on the patio.

I love when we have these fun "family time" weekends! 

JoyfulMommyof2

busy mom

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2011 at 9:00 PM

laundry and the Community Halloween Party

Tomorrow - church and trunk or treat and a cub scout event at a farm

Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2011 at 9:15 PM

I know how you feel not even three weeks back my van died and I needed to replace it.  The replacement was more gas efficient and so at least it has that going for it.  I'm not a fan of car payments again, had gotten spoiled to not having any for so long, but at least it's not a big payment each month.  I'll keep my fingers crossed you find something that you will like as much (if not more) than your jeep.

Quoting Boobah:

Hopefully go look at cars, although I'm still kicking and screaming about losing my jeep. ;)

As for what we're doing this weekend; housework, reading, and relaxing with the family.  The only plan we have is tomorrow I'll be letting the kids show off their rockets and launcher they made in their rocketry class to their friends in the neighborhood.  We'll be getting pumpkins next weekend, I can't wait  ^_^

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Oct. 23, 2011 at 8:42 AM
How true is that about the fair! That is why we rarely go anymore. You get ran over by rude teens and drunk people. It's crazy! It sounds like you had a great time :)

Quoting JoyfulMommyof2:

We had an awesome day!  My two children are in our Homeschool 4-H Club.  They have joined the 4-H shooting sports club (archery and bb guns), and today was Family Fun Day, their fundraiser.  The whole family got to go out to the range for target practicing with lunch included (burger, chips & drink) for $25 per family.  It was a beautiful day to do anything outdoors, and it was such a family-friendly day.  It made me think of the old-time days at the fair when it was about family and not an excuse for people to get drunk and party.

We went shopping at the sporting goods store afterwards (Academy), and we just returned home from going to vote for governor, etc.

Tomorrow morning is church, then we usually go to lunch with friends.  We may go to see the Dolphin Tail movie afterwards.  I scored two free movie tickets and a large popcorn and drink with mycokerewards.com.  We'll come home afterwards and probably spend time in the backyard or just chillin' on the patio.

I love when we have these fun "family time" weekends! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Oct. 23, 2011 at 8:45 AM
It's rough isn't it? I love my jeep. I can get where I need to go even in the snow, hubby never misses work, etc. We looked at minivans last night, and I know it's the way we need to go, but it doesn't fit our camping lifestyle very well and definitely not the snow.
Hubby needs a new car also, because his is on it's last leg. He puts a lot of miles on them and we have had it since Jan 2001. We have gotten our money out of it, but thinking about car payments again isn't fun.

Quoting Knightquester:

I know how you feel not even three weeks back my van died and I needed to replace it.  The replacement was more gas efficient and so at least it has that going for it.  I'm not a fan of car payments again, had gotten spoiled to not having any for so long, but at least it's not a big payment each month.  I'll keep my fingers crossed you find something that you will like as much (if not more) than your jeep.

Quoting Boobah:

As for what we're doing this weekend; housework, reading, and relaxing with the family.  The only plan we have is tomorrow I'll be letting the kids show off their rockets and launcher they made in their rocketry class to their friends in the neighborhood.  We'll be getting pumpkins next weekend, I can't wait  ^_^

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)