Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poop - My Oven Died!!

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2011 at 8:49 AM
  • 14 Replies

Wouldn't you know, just as I was going to put cupcakes in the oven last night, our oven didn't turn ON! Grrrrrrrr. This is so frustrating! We rent, so we don't have to worry about paying for a new stove..But our landlords are a nice Indian family who live on the first floor of the house - and they have ZERO sense of personal space. They had a water drip in their part of the house a month ago, they called and asked DH to come look. He did then came home and made sure none of our pipes were leaking....well a few hours later the landlady called me to ask if she could come just 'make sure' when I agreed the ENTIRE family came storming into our house. Their kids, the husband, the wife. It was very awkward. They are constantly looking in our windows or making comments.....Oh and they are always making comments on how much stuff we own...seriously! We don't have that much, but there are ZERO closets in this apartment (except for our pantry). And we keep the dining table in the kitchen and use the 'dining room' as a storage/homeschool room. So now with this stupid oven, I'm sure they'll all come trooping in and make more comments all because they have an ancient oven in this apartment.

Why me??

Need a great Latin Curriculum for grades K-7? Check out LATIN FRUCTUS!

Home Educators Toolbox / Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks

Albert Einstein --
"It is, in fact nothing short a miracle that modern methods of instruction have not yet entirely strangled the holy curiosity of inquiry; for this delicate little plant, aside from stimulation, stands mainly in need of freedom."
"Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid."

by on Oct. 22, 2011 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oredeb
by debbie on Oct. 22, 2011 at 11:47 AM

hahahahahahah the life of apartment living!hahah

hope you get the stove fixed !

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2011 at 11:51 AM

Ugh! I'm sorry. 8(

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 22, 2011 at 2:17 PM

OH that sucks! I hope they get it fixed with out to much harassment to you.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Oct. 22, 2011 at 5:00 PM

UGH!!! They just all trooped through my (now spotless) house and told me they won't even CALL anyone until Wednesday. What the heck am I supposed to do for dinner for at least 5 DAYS!

And I love that she was all, "well what did you do to make it break?" and I was all, "I tried to turn it on?"

nursehatchet18
by on Oct. 22, 2011 at 6:52 PM

Sounds like a peach of a land lord. I hope you guys get it fixed.

JoyfulMommyof2
by on Oct. 22, 2011 at 7:15 PM

I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with this problem.  Our homeschool, low-budget life style is stressful enough without added difficulties.  Why not until Wednesday?  Do they know the days of the week and that today is Saturday?  LOL  Good Luck!

JoyfulMommyof2

busy mom

gingergarcia
by on Oct. 22, 2011 at 7:39 PM

I knw how you feel girl, this to has happened to me just I was about to bake a cake once. It really made me mad, i was like why me and why now!

clairemomma09
by on Oct. 31, 2011 at 1:31 PM

They should be able to call someone today (monday) and get a prt pretty quickyly or just get you a new oven right away

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Oct. 31, 2011 at 1:34 PM
Hahahaha aha. I love it. How did *you* break it?

Quoting KickButtMama:

UGH!!! They just all trooped through my (now spotless) house and told me they won't even CALL anyone until Wednesday. What the heck am I supposed to do for dinner for at least 5 DAYS!

And I love that she was all, "well what did you do to make it break?" and I was all, "I tried to turn it on?"

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by debbie on Oct. 31, 2011 at 3:21 PM

kickbutt, did you get it fixed yet or a new one?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)