Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Wouldn't you know, just as I was going to put cupcakes in the oven last night, our oven didn't turn ON! Grrrrrrrr. This is so frustrating! We rent, so we don't have to worry about paying for a new stove..But our landlords are a nice Indian family who live on the first floor of the house - and they have ZERO sense of personal space. They had a water drip in their part of the house a month ago, they called and asked DH to come look. He did then came home and made sure none of our pipes were leaking....well a few hours later the landlady called me to ask if she could come just 'make sure' when I agreed the ENTIRE family came storming into our house. Their kids, the husband, the wife. It was very awkward. They are constantly looking in our windows or making comments.....Oh and they are always making comments on how much stuff we own...seriously! We don't have that much, but there are ZERO closets in this apartment (except for our pantry). And we keep the dining table in the kitchen and use the 'dining room' as a storage/homeschool room. So now with this stupid oven, I'm sure they'll all come trooping in and make more comments all because they have an ancient oven in this apartment.

Why me??

Need a great Latin Curriculum for grades K-7? Check out LATIN FRUCTUS!

Home Educators Toolbox / Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks

Albert Einstein --
"It is, in fact nothing short a miracle that modern methods of instruction have not yet entirely strangled the holy curiosity of inquiry; for this delicate little plant, aside from stimulation, stands mainly in need of freedom."
"Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid."

by on Oct. 22, 2011 at 8:49 AM
Replies (11-14):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Oct. 31, 2011 at 3:46 PM

We did finally get a new one - with hte landlord, land lady, their kid and the two movers running all over my house! AND they failed to purchase a power cord! So it was like a pretty, shiny stove taunting me with all the cooking i couldn't do until the next day when my DH was home to fix it!

And of course, now we have no power and haven't since Saturday when we were hit with this stupid nor-easter....and the land lady called me Sun and goes, "Do you have power?" When I said no that we were going to go stay with my dad - SHE ASKED IF THEY COULD COME!!!!!!!! Of course I said NO F'in WAY!

tuffymama
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2011 at 3:14 PM
Oh my lord! I. Would. DIE. Bless your heart!
Make sure you share the story with your dad. He should appreciate his missed "opportunity" to get to know your landlords (landfamily? LOL!)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Nov. 1, 2011 at 3:37 PM

Quoting tuffymama:

Oh my lord! I. Would. DIE. Bless your heart!
Make sure you share the story with your dad. He should appreciate his missed "opportunity" to get to know your landlords (landfamily? LOL!)

LOL I did! We all had a laugh (after a shudder). The thing is, this weather is really freaky here - we normally are lucky to get the first snow on Christmas. So we don't normally turn our heat on until November. Since my DH was laid off in March we were planning on putting the heat on until December at the earliest. Well, when we got this freak storm the landlady called me to ask what we were doing for heat...after lecturing me on the dangers of fire from using our space heaters (as if I were stupid enough to use them when asleep or after leaving.) Anywho, she actually started to say that I would be using too much electricity.....as if by our using it it would diminish the power supply to every one else! DUH!!! Grrr. My DH can't figure out why I get so irritated, he just laughs and tells me to not answer the phone. But every time I've done that they come knocking on the door!! I can not WAIT to move... only 12 months to go!!

Need a great Latin Curriculum for grades K-7? Check out LATIN FRUCTUS!

Home Educators Toolbox / Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks

Albert Einstein --
"It is, in fact nothing short a miracle that modern methods of instruction have not yet entirely strangled the holy curiosity of inquiry; for this delicate little plant, aside from stimulation, stands mainly in need of freedom."
"Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid."

oredeb
by on Nov. 1, 2011 at 5:50 PM

hahahahahah well glad you got a new one! where are you moving?

hey maybe ;you should invite them to dinner!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)