Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok so Im new to cm and Im also kinda new to home schooling. I've done a set curriculum for two years. We did Abeka, but in April we lost our home in an EF4 tornado that took our home and everything in it. We are just as of last week getting a home so we haven't had the chance (or money) to replace the Abeka but i saw a post on here about unschooling and "homemade" curriculums. So i was wondering if someone would be willing to explain these and maybe even help me figure out things for us to use. I have a 12 yr old son a 9 yr old daughter a 4 yr old daughter and a 16 mth daughter. i would love any help and advice and wisdom i can get. Oh i live in a very small town where no one home schools and thinks Im crazy for doing it! So there is no support here really thanks in advance for any help advice or just encouragement.
by on Oct. 22, 2011 at 11:50 AM
Replies (11-13):
beluvdwife
by on Oct. 23, 2011 at 8:58 PM

yes, the library is a wonderful resource.  We actually did that!  You know you could call up the local school and see what books they are going to give away and see if you could go through them.  I know that in our county at the end of the school year, they give anything they can't use to a warehouse and you can go there and buy stuff super cheap! ($5 for a desk) 

OR just use the library and write down everything they do. 

English: Book reports all year

Math: FREE worksheets on the internet - go print them once a month or so! + math games

Science: Woods - take pictures of the bugs, sticks they find and research them at the library

History: Book reports and timelines!  Just use posterboard and have them draw the character and paste it on the posterboard!

These are just very simple ideas that I came up with and have done in the past!!!

Good luck!

utkallie
by on Oct. 23, 2011 at 10:00 PM
Quoting mem82:

8) Oh, here is an excellent grammar printable workbook for k-6th that someone suggested and I;ve been using.

http://www.sfreading.com/resources/ghb.html

This is a fabulous resource. Thank you for sharing!!!
mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2011 at 10:02 PM

It is awesome! It's one of the wonderful things this group has helped me find. 8)

Quoting utkallie:

Quoting mem82:

8) Oh, here is an excellent grammar printable workbook for k-6th that someone suggested and I;ve been using.

http://www.sfreading.com/resources/ghb.html

This is a fabulous resource. Thank you for sharing!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)