Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you need more reason to homeschool...watch this scary eye opener video.

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2011 at 8:27 PM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this

It is a bit long.  But I have to say any reservations (however few they were) are now gone....I have no doubt my choice to homeschool my children is right.

by on Oct. 22, 2011 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tiffanydshives
by Member on Oct. 22, 2011 at 9:01 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katzmeow726
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2011 at 9:06 PM

Thanks for the bump

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2011 at 9:21 PM

It's sad, isn't it? I don't know how we can go about fixing the system. 8(

dedicatedrider
by on Oct. 22, 2011 at 9:23 PM

Marking my spot so I can watch it once the kids go to bed.

katzmeow726
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2011 at 9:30 PM

It is...I mean when I went to school not SIX years ago, it was still pretty decent.  I mean it had issues of course, but was decent.

That same school is failing, has seen a huge spike in violence, and is falling apart.

HOLY COW~

gingergarcia
by on Oct. 22, 2011 at 9:30 PM

I am with you and feel i to made the right decision in homeschooling, my family learned the hard way!

mynameismuerte
by on Oct. 22, 2011 at 9:35 PM
Bumping so I can watch it once I'm back on the computer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snowangel1979
by Member on Oct. 22, 2011 at 10:17 PM

also bumping so it's in my replies, I'll have to watch it Monday when I don't have a house full but so far looks interesting

Danielle163
by on Oct. 22, 2011 at 10:23 PM

WOW--The upper elementary school HERE just got classified as a SINA (school in need of assistance) due to their low scores. DD would have been there this year if she was still in ps. She's getting a WAY better education at home and no bullying (that the school wouldn't do anything about). And these are our leaders of tommorrow? Mind blowing......

katzmeow726
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2011 at 10:46 PM

We're glad we thought of home schooling early...I don't want my kids setting foot inside a classroom at this point.  It just scares me...and the cycle is only going to get worse.  It's no surprise more people are home schooling these days.

Quoting Danielle163:

WOW--The upper elementary school HERE just got classified as a SINA (school in need of assistance) due to their low scores. DD would have been there this year if she was still in ps. She's getting a WAY better education at home and no bullying (that the school wouldn't do anything about). And these are our leaders of tommorrow? Mind blowing......

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)