Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

New to the group and ready to share my story.

Hello ladies, my name is Amanda. A mother to three lovely little ladies. Brooklyn, Julia and Amelia Rose. I've not started home schooling yet but want to more than anything. I only have Brooklyn in school right now. She's 9 and have been going to public school for four years. She's been retained to the third grade. Ever since I started her in public school she has had issues with being bullied and confidence issues. It boils down to really... I am her teacher.. I've taught her everything she knows.. basically. Anyway, it takes two to tango.. .and my husband doesn't care.. it's a whole different ball game.. but he won't help me. Where do I begin ladies? Do I go to the board of education and pull my daughter out? Where do I get her books? I've already read the rules in Kentucky.. that's where we are living. Do I go through HSLDA?? I wish my mate was supportive. Thank you ladies much!

by on Oct. 23, 2011 at 11:02 PM
Replies (11-11):
I-Love-My-Girls
by on Oct. 25, 2011 at 1:43 AM

WOW! I would like to thank all the wonderful ladies who gave me such great advice. Thank you so much for taking your time to help me. Such a warm and welcoming group! I have a lot to look into now =D Thanks so much! And for those who were asking.. I am from Winchester Kentucky. I am suppose to get a call tomorrow from a lady in Frankfort Kentucky to help me with what I need to do about turning in a letter to the Board. Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)