Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Public School Support?

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 8:12 AM
  • 4 Replies

You all got me wondering if anyone has any sort of support from the public schools? One idea I had was a homeschool support group that they would support. Allow us a place to meet. I also would like to join in county wide things such as the annual writing contest.

We do however get support for my son. He gets a service plan so OT, ST, and soon ABA he goes to school about 3hrs a week (1.5 for 2days). ABA is really pushing for that to be in home-gotta love outside companies!

Mommy to Corbin (9-epilepsy,autism, add) Kayla (6) Collin (2), Wife to Ben-OT, and I love teaching- M.Ed Early Childhood. SAHM & Homeschooling. Come watch us at www.youtube.com/user/1212wright

by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 8:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
bugfree
by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 10:36 AM

Our first year we took classes through our school district's "homeschool" center.  My son also gets speech therapy.  While he was in preschool we did his IEP and I sent in the declaration of intent a couple weeks later.  The IEP was still in effect, so we got speech therapy at my neighborhood school. 

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 24, 2011 at 11:21 AM

When I 1st pulled my oldest from the PS they tried to get me to use there services for OT but I was done with them I felt as though they hurt him more then helped him & now looking back all these years we have homeschooled I believe it was the best thing I did for him he is so much better now with out all of that then he was with it.

oredeb
by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 11:25 AM

never had anything to do with the public schools here,  unless you took their sat or cat or whatever test, then you could join in the sports things and extra things

bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2011 at 10:48 AM

Personally we have always stayed as FAR AWAY from any government school as possible!  That is just us. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN