Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I know we all school at home...

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 5:30 PM
  • 7 Replies

but I was wondering if I could get you ladies to weigh in on this article?

Waldorf School in Silicon Valley...

by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
bmw29
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2011 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it's great and if we had that option around here and I could afford it I would give it a shot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2011 at 5:46 PM
I think it is an interesting take on technology. My dd knows how to use a computer, but will not start using it for school until 6th grade. I agree that elementary children should use pencils and paper and books to learn with and think about spelling and grammar. To many people depend on technology and its hard to talk with them, honestly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nzumbrun
by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 5:46 PM
Looks interesting. If I lived there I would definately investigate.
oredeb
by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 5:56 PM

well we dont do any school on the computer unless they are doing something they need to research right away, otherwise we go to the library,  so i think thats great what the waldorf people do, if thats what the parents want!!  but i dont think they should have any say on what you do at home, if you use comp. or not. all my kids do all that stuff they do! plus they know how to take apart and put a comp. together, add something take something away, use various programs,etc. well it didnt hurt our creativity, but we dont do the playschool or whatever its called, those game things! hahahahahah play station! thats it!hahahaha so i dont know anything about those. wordolf sounds good to me on the outside! you can do the same thing right at home!

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 24, 2011 at 6:10 PM

I think that every family has to decide for its self whether they want there kids to use modern technology.

My kids use computers & the Internet just as much as they use pencils & paper, we don't restrict the use of anything we think can be used to learn from.

JulieBrown
by on Oct. 24, 2011 at 6:26 PM

We have several Waldorf schools in my area.  The ones here require a family to sign something saying they won't watch TV or use computers at home..... at least this is required for entering kindergartners. 

I think it is refreshing and I would consider it if I could afford it. 

bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2011 at 10:46 AM

I think it may be a good idea for someone that will not home educate. Personally I would never send my children to a school.  I believe home is best.  We can all do what is best for our own children. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN