Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
does anyone know if there are any free places that would be good to go to for a field trip in lufkin, corrigan, livingston, goodrich, shepard, cleveland, humble or huntsville Texas? Basically within a 1 hour drive from where I live. We are in livingston Texas. Like museums, farms that might be open to the public, art galleries anything like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 25, 2011 at 12:15 AM
Replies (11-15):
TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2011 at 9:52 AM

Okay, now I have to go look at the map.  We went to lots of neat places when visiting my folks in Texas, but I'm not sure where Livingston is in relation...

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2011 at 9:56 AM

The only time we've been that far south, we went to the beach in Galveston and visited Port Arthur.  I did some research on Houston, and it seems like there was a children's museum that had free admission one day a week or something...I will try to remember, but you might run a search of children's activities in your area.  Or, try the Fieldtrip Factory website...http://www.fieldtripfactory.com/

donnadea
by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 1:48 PM
i didnt know about the fieldtrip factory thing i will check that out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
donnadea
by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 1:54 PM
i didnt know about the fieldtrip factory thing i will check that out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mynameismuerte
by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 2:00 PM

This post makes me a little homesick! LOL.  We still own a house about 20 minutes away from the Blue Bell Factory.  I'd look into all the National Forests in your area.  Also, there is the Oil Ranch (oilranch.com) in Hockley which is an extremely popular field trip destination.  They offer discounts with groups of 10 or more.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN