Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Schools in America Are Terrible post in Newcomer's

Posted by   + Show Post

Anyone checking out this post?

by on Oct. 25, 2011 at 2:37 PM
Replies (11-19):
oredeb
by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 10:41 AM

and not every child learns in the same way, so it would be hard to have all these children in one class room, and one teacher! so some are going to be left behind!  and just passed from one grade to the next.

whats really sad is that not all parents are able to homeschool their kids even if they wanted to. they both gotta work just to pay the rent , morgage, bills, food etc

oredeb
by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 10:51 AM

gotta say its weird the sports playing people,(basketball, football, etc) get paid millions of dollars a year and the public school teachers who are trying to teach kids so they can work, live, etc dont even make close to that much money.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2011 at 11:14 AM

checking it out now

LuciP
by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 1:21 PM

The problem with those types of postings is that they are generalizations. They remind me of breastfeeding/bottle arguments. The benefits and/or disadvanatages of each are dependent on many factors just as homeschooling or public schooling.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2011 at 3:23 PM

very true!

Quoting LuciP:

The problem with those types of postings is that they are generalizations. They remind me of breastfeeding/bottle arguments. The benefits and/or disadvanatages of each are dependent on many factors just as homeschooling or public schooling.

utkallie
by on Oct. 27, 2011 at 10:22 AM

Speaking of parents who don't want to help their kids, I was just reading another CM board and ran across a comment about how the mom was upset that parents are expected to help their kids at home. She said if she wanted to teach them, she would have homeschooled.

Why would you not want to help your child excel? I don't get it.

oredeb
by on Oct. 27, 2011 at 10:34 AM

maybe they should have the parents who want their kids to go to public school pay for it not us who dont use the public schools. (property taxes)

a certain amount per child, then the parents would maybe make sure the schools were doing a good job and be more involved? also  the parents would have to volunteer at least once a month in their kids classes.  make it so the teachers have 2 or 3 helpers everyday or so.

LuciP
by on Oct. 27, 2011 at 11:38 AM

We all use various services that are maintained by our taxes.  I'm sorry that makes no sense unless you plan to have everyone only pay for the services they use. 

Quoting oredeb:

maybe they should have the parents who want their kids to go to public school pay for it not us who dont use the public schools. (property taxes)

a certain amount per child, then the parents would maybe make sure the schools were doing a good job and be more involved? also  the parents would have to volunteer at least once a month in their kids classes.  make it so the teachers have 2 or 3 helpers everyday or so.

moneysaver6
by on Oct. 27, 2011 at 2:07 PM

I don't get it either.  I don't understand why any parent would want to help his or her child obtain an excellent education.  I know there ARE parents who are involved even though their kids attend a private or public school...but too many aren't.

Quoting utkallie:

Speaking of parents who don't want to help their kids, I was just reading another CM board and ran across a comment about how the mom was upset that parents are expected to help their kids at home. She said if she wanted to teach them, she would have homeschooled.

Why would you not want to help your child excel? I don't get it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN