Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Any single homeschool moms?

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 11:27 AM
  • 7 Replies

How are you homeschooling your kids?

with having to work,

how are you doing?

by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 26, 2011 at 12:08 PM

I have a friend that is a single homeschooling Mom so I  would love to hear from others so I can share with her ideas to help her out.

cedailey
by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 1:50 PM

I'm very fortunate.  I have a small VA disability check, and I do odd jobs (tutoring, lawns, babysitting, pet care) that my kids can accompany me on, and I get some help from my mother, who is strongly supportive of homeschooling and of me staying home full time until my littlest is 10. My ex doesn't pay any support, so we do a lot of extreme budgeting lots of trading and hand me downs, and no extras.

We are asking for field trips for Christmas- gas and tickets to museums, aquarium, zoos.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Oct. 26, 2011 at 2:27 PM

I will be soon - not sure how many of you remember my  "Mommycation" post. I knew something was up and it seemed really strange. ...

Well, DH came back and said that he had so much fun, he didn't realise how depressed he was living here and that he hasn't loved me in about 5 years and we have both been kind of living our own lives under one roof so he's moving out of state. Goodbye. No discussion, no counseling, no nothing. He applied for jobs up there while he was gone and flew up there Monday for interviews and testing.

So I'm taking him for child support and alimony- I've been a SAHM almost 9 years. So he will have to pay rent on the house for at least 2 years and all expenses for the kids to travel. He will be taking our oldest DS with him. DS1 wants to go to public high school and the schools are better where DH is going (NOT better enough to split the family since this is one of DH's excuses for leaving @@ better schools) and DS1 is old enough in our state to decide where he goes.

I will still homeschool DS2 who has learning disabilities. If/ when I get a job my parents have said that they will homeschool him for me if I need them to.I will make it work out for him.

DD, not sure yet. I have applied for her to go to a really good public magnet school down the road from us. 

I'm not sure how in the world I would deal with a job, pickup/drop off,after school homework and homeschooling DS but we will make it work nd I'm taking it one day at a time.

songbird2716
by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 2:43 PM
My dh is in the navy (and super low ranking, so therefore super low paid) so I feel like a single mom most of the time. It takes creativity and some searching to find jobs that doable with kids in tow. It helps having friends who are willing to barter for childcare.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 10:45 PM
2 moms liked this

Pretty much just give up sleeping.

Liamoondancer
by Member on Oct. 27, 2011 at 10:22 AM

My daughter is a "Single Mother by Choice" -  she was faced with medical problms that would require an early hysterectomy, so she used an anonymous donor to supply the ingredients for "Baby Soup"  before it was too late!!  She has 3 beautiful children.  She and I and the children live together   -a happy 3-generation household.  I (retired teacher) homeschool the children  and she works.  We LOVE the way this has all worked out!!  Dekklan (8) is in 3rd grade and the twins (Lachlan and Little Lia) are doing Kindergarten.  Our huge LabraDoodle  (Lolly) provides the disciplinary problem for comic relief!

oredeb
by on Oct. 28, 2011 at 11:26 AM

fantastic!!!

Quoting Liamoondancer:

My daughter is a "Single Mother by Choice" -  she was faced with medical problms that would require an early hysterectomy, so she used an anonymous donor to supply the ingredients for "Baby Soup"  before it was too late!!  She has 3 beautiful children.  She and I and the children live together   -a happy 3-generation household.  I (retired teacher) homeschool the children  and she works.  We LOVE the way this has all worked out!!  Dekklan (8) is in 3rd grade and the twins (Lachlan and Little Lia) are doing Kindergarten.  Our huge LabraDoodle  (Lolly) provides the disciplinary problem for comic relief!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)