Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Had a great day today.

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2011 at 1:36 PM
  • 4 Replies

I have to admit, DH and I have felt somewhat alone on our journey towards homeschooling our kids.  Only one family member does it, and they live in Kentucky (we're from Alabama) and none of our friends do it.  And, even worse, very few support it.

Today, we got invited to join the home school cover church we plan on signing with, for an ice cream social.

Well I had a BLAST.  There were so many families, I was shocked.  It was great to meet other parents who will be home schooling their kids.  And it was wild seeing the older kids play with the younger kids.  High schoolers were teaching the middle schoolers this, middle schoolers helped teh elementary age kids with puzzles, and they all played with the little toddlers and preschoolers.

I'm feeling much better after meeting a couple of moms and striking up some coversations.  Getting to talk to other parents just felt great. 

We don't feel so alone anymore...and it's a wonderful feeling.

by on Oct. 27, 2011 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 27, 2011 at 2:23 PM

We are having a homeschool meet & great in a few weeks here in Lubbock for all homeschoolers around the aria. It is going to be a big gathering there are over 100 family's signed up to be there!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2011 at 4:10 PM

That's awesome!

oredeb
by on Oct. 27, 2011 at 7:38 PM

awww katz thats so neat! i bet you both were so surprized! i hope you meet many friends there!

katzmeow726
by on Oct. 27, 2011 at 7:40 PM
Oh yeah, I didn't expect so many there. I loved it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)