Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you feel 'connected' to other moms?

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2011 at 3:05 PM
  • 18 Replies

Do you feel like you mesh well within your peer group? 8) What about your kids? Do they do well with other HS kids.

by on Oct. 28, 2011 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Oct. 28, 2011 at 3:10 PM
I do not normally feel like I connect. I have such different views on parenting than anyone I know around here. I try not to let it get in the way but it is hard. I can see people shut down when I say certain things (that they ask!)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Oct. 28, 2011 at 3:27 PM

yes, my kids mesh with anyone!

me, well im more of a loner, tend to do my own thing, but i'd say i mostly mesh!hhahahahaha

usmom3
by BJ on Oct. 28, 2011 at 6:56 PM

It depends on the people! I have a friend that I love that homeschooles & dose a lot like I do but our kids always seam to fight when we get together, on the flip side I had a friend that my kids liked the kids but me & the Mom didn't get along after a while we stopped talking.

FlyHippie
by on Oct. 30, 2011 at 11:01 AM

Yes! I love the moms in our hs group! But I also love the public school moms here, too... My kid has friends that go to both kinds of school and he totally gets along with them and I get along with the moms!

JulieBrown
by on Oct. 30, 2011 at 11:08 AM

This sounds exactly like me.  My kids do great, but I am a bit of a loner.

Quoting oredeb:

yes, my kids mesh with anyone!

me, well im more of a loner, tend to do my own thing, but i'd say i mostly mesh!hhahahahaha

mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2011 at 1:41 PM

Why is it so much easier for kids to mesh? LOL

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2011 at 4:57 PM
I've never fit in with my age group, even now at 30. Either the ladies are younger or older, and it has a lot to do with having a 10 yo and a 1 yo.

My dd gets along with everyone, even though she is shy. Kids more than adults, but it doesn't matter age.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2011 at 6:44 PM

I know how you feel. I'm 29 and I'm way younger than my 10 year old's friends' moms and then I have a 6yo, 2yo, and a newborn.

Quoting Silverkitty:

I've never fit in with my age group, even now at 30. Either the ladies are younger or older, and it has a lot to do with having a 10 yo and a 1 yo.

My dd gets along with everyone, even though she is shy. Kids more than adults, but it doesn't matter age.

FlyHippie
by on Oct. 30, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Quoting mem82:

I know how you feel. I'm 29 and I'm way younger than my 10 year old's friends' moms and then I have a 6yo, 2yo, and a newborn.

Quoting Silverkitty:

Yep. I'm 41. I have a 25 year old, a 20 year old, a 13 year old and my dd that passed away would be almost 11 months. Oh...and I have an almost 2 year old granddaughter. And we want more kids still.

So either I fit in with nobody...or freaking EVERYONE! LOL!

oahoah
by Member on Oct. 31, 2011 at 12:59 AM

My kids pretty much mesh with anyone, young kids or adults, but I've always had a hard time fitting in.  I'm glad to see that they don't carry the same "gene" defect! We do socialize within our homeschool group but not too often.  I get so excited meeting a new group or family and then they say something that just makes me go "ugh" inside. A lot of it is just being too "extreme" or radical, some criticizing one way of homeschooling or child-rearing, etc;.   But I force myself to be social for my kiddos' sakes! I tend to keep my opinions to myself most of the time (unless specifically asked) and kind of wish others would do the same sometimes!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)