Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Is PuzzleBuzz worth it?

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2011 at 1:56 PM
  • 5 Replies

Highlights has a magazine that comes out every 5 weeks called PuzzleBuzz. I wonder if anyone has it and if they think it is worth the money.

by on Nov. 1, 2011 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 1, 2011 at 4:07 PM

I am interested in the answer too!

LovemyQ
by on Nov. 1, 2011 at 8:31 PM

It is $8 for a total of 64 pages every 5 weeks. I love the highlights puzzles, so more of that quality would be great. But the price keeps me from doing it. We currently get Highlights. (I think it is really High Five)

Jlee4249
by Member on Nov. 2, 2011 at 10:29 AM

i don't know about "worth it" b/c I tend to be a cheapskate!  ;)

but there's dot-to-dot, matching, find the difference, hidden objects, complete the picture w/missing puzzle peices (stickers), color-by-number, word search, mazes, picture codes, counting search&finds...
If your kids are young, then it's useful and fun.  ALthough, I think there's two different levels they sell.  Since my kids are 3 & 5, I've got the easier games/puzzles....
I like them b/c they helps my little ones focus on what they're doing.  They're used as the last "treat" assignment of the day... when they're done with the other stuff, they can do a puzzle.  Then it's counting, following directions, letter recognition, etc... and they don't even realize it.  so I like it. 

LovemyQ
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 10:45 AM

That is my problem, I can be a cheapskate too, lol. If it weren't for the money, I would get it in a heartbeat. Hmm. thanks for your answer because it helps me to make up my mind more.

Quoting Jlee4249:

i don't know about "worth it" b/c I tend to be a cheapskate!  ;)

but there's dot-to-dot, matching, find the difference, hidden objects, complete the picture w/missing puzzle peices (stickers), color-by-number, word search, mazes, picture codes, counting search&finds...
If your kids are young, then it's useful and fun.  ALthough, I think there's two different levels they sell.  Since my kids are 3 & 5, I've got the easier games/puzzles....
I like them b/c they helps my little ones focus on what they're doing.  They're used as the last "treat" assignment of the day... when they're done with the other stuff, they can do a puzzle.  Then it's counting, following directions, letter recognition, etc... and they don't even realize it.  so I like it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN