Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Help me get through the next 9 weeks!

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2011 at 9:23 PM
  • 11 Replies
I'm 9 weeks pregnant and I usually have all day morning sickness through week 18.

Well, I'm getting nothing done homeschool wise because I'm either exhausted, throwing up, or feel like I'm going to.

So tell me, how did you get through the morning sickness stage if you home schooled then? Unschooling isn't an option because I am anal and must get through this curriculum and make this year successful or I will feel like I failed my first year.

I mainly HAVE to do math, history, science and then reading and literature are easy. I'm not worried about much else. Oh and spelling! Math and spelling are hardest on me because I can't just lay down and supervise. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 1, 2011 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mynameismuerte
by on Nov. 1, 2011 at 11:31 PM
We do our spelling on the couch! LOL! We're using AAS and DS writes his words on a white board on the floor (his choice) while I sit/lay on the couch. When we're using the tiles the board comes up on the couch with both of us.

I have also been known to drag his little table up to the couch so I can lay while he sits to work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 2, 2011 at 7:51 AM
We are using AAS also, but I found a spelling app on my iPad so we can use the letter tiles on there! It's still gathering the books, cards, and iPad. I know, sounds awful, but I don't think ive been this nauseous with my other kids. Ugh!

Quoting mynameismuerte:

We do our spelling on the couch! LOL! We're using AAS and DS writes his words on a white board on the floor (his choice) while I sit/lay on the couch. When we're using the tiles the board comes up on the couch with both of us.

I have also been known to drag his little table up to the couch so I can lay while he sits to work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 10:52 AM

take a break for the time, or just do some reading together, let them practise on you,

school only 3 days a week

oredeb
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 10:53 AM

hahahahah must be a boy!!!!!!!

Quoting Boobah:

We are using AAS also, but I found a spelling app on my iPad so we can use the letter tiles on there! It's still gathering the books, cards, and iPad. I know, sounds awful, but I don't think ive been this nauseous with my other kids. Ugh!

luvthesoap
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 10:54 AM

I use to be REALLY sick. What I did when I was bad off was get the kids started on a computer game or program. THere are SOS, Time4LEarning, Jumostart ect. I stayed in the bed while they did their work. I had the computer ibn my room, so if they had a question  I could help them with it.

Betty in Ky

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 2, 2011 at 10:59 AM
That's what I keep saying. Haha

Quoting oredeb:

hahahahah must be a boy!!!!!!!

Quoting Boobah:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 2, 2011 at 11:00 AM
I'm currently watching them sort and count their Halloween candy. Lol

Quoting luvthesoap:

I use to be REALLY sick. What I did when I was bad off was get the kids started on a computer game or program. THere are SOS, Time4LEarning, Jumostart ect. I stayed in the bed while they did their work. I had the computer ibn my room, so if they had a question  I could help them with it.

Betty in Ky

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 11:09 AM

boobah! they are doing math! next you could have them write the name of the different candys down and then put an line by each name  to see how many of certain ones they got- thats more math and handwriting and spelling!

you could have them try to read the candies- reading

there schools done for the day!

Quoting Boobah:

Quoting luvthesoap:

Betty in Ky

LovemyQ
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 11:14 AM

don't forget to put the results in a graph or pictograph :)

If they are old enough, have them spell to each other.

Sooooooo sorry you are nauseous! That was the worst part for me - I only had relief when I was asleep. Hope you feel better!!!!!

Quoting oredeb:

boobah! they are doing math! next you could have them write the name of the different candys down and then put an line by each name  to see how many of certain ones they got- thats more math and handwriting and spelling!

you could have them try to read the candies- reading

there schools done for the day!

Quoting Boobah:

Quoting luvthesoap:

Betty in Ky

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 2, 2011 at 11:20 AM
I love that you guys get it :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN