Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

sick... need some encouragement

Posted by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 8:38 AM
  • 9 Replies
Im extremely dizzy this morning. I've been having random flu symptoms and hoping its not trying to get me. Thing is when im dizzy I cannot do anything. I also have vertigo. We just started school this week and I don't want to slow ds down. He's really on a roll. He IS in 6ththe and can do alot unsupervised. How do I help him without falling down lol?

I really really really don't want to take the day off.
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 8:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
GraceNoahsmom
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 8:50 AM

I'm sorry you are sick!  My family just got over it.  It can be very discouraging, especially when things are going so well.  I would have your son do extra of the work he can do on his own and save the stuff that he needs your help for tomorrow.  You can double up on that then.  I also highly recommend that you get some green tea and drink a bunch of it.  I am not one of those "natural" people.  As a matter of fact, I love antibiotics!  LOL!  However, with my last bout of sickness, I just couldn't kick it.  I would feel better one day and miserable agin the next.  My mother in law kept telling me to drink green tea so I finally bought some and boy did it help.  Maybe it was just in my mind, but I guess it's worth a try.  Also, if you are really not well, just tell your son that you are taking the day off.  One day won't hurt, it might actually be good for you to get the rest your body needs!  Have him clean the house as his work for the day!  LOL!  Hope you are feeling better soon!

Terri busy momLoving What I Do!

jen2150
by Silver Member on Nov. 2, 2011 at 9:34 AM

Give him books to read.  Make a fun reading day.  Taking a day off will probably do you both some good.  I am sick so I am taking the whole week off.  It is not a big deal.  Hope you feel better soon.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 2, 2011 at 9:40 AM

*sprays Lysol* LOL Everyone has been sick! My son had a bug on Sunday but if we make it through today I think it will only be him.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 2, 2011 at 9:59 AM
I know what you mean about not wanting to take the day off! I'm feeling horrible, and she has a horrible cough, but we need to stay on schedule because she is doing so well! My only advice is to do what you can from the couch or bed. Gather everything you need and put it near you. Nap or rest while he does his independent work. Maybe knock off one or two subjects that aren't absolutely critical.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Diggems0312
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 10:17 AM

*coughing from mem's lysol cloud* lol

Luckily I took a shower and some cold medicine. For now I feel much better. We must have gotten to an easy section because math is first. it usually takes him an hour but he is almost done and we started at nine. I havent had to help him once. maybe we will be done by 12 today. *crosses fingers*

oredeb
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 10:36 AM

hahah well how bout him hellping you! let him school you ! tell him hes the teacher heres the plan!hhahahaha

hope you get better soon ! tried some ginger for that vertigo and would help with the flu also!

Diggems0312
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 10:40 AM

thanks oredeb. ill try that!

usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 2, 2011 at 11:26 AM

Sorry to here that you are sick, if you start to feel worse again maybe you can find educational videos online that correspond with your lessons for the day!

Diggems0312
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 3:21 PM

DS1 rocks!!! Finished before 1 pm and now mama is resting on the couch. He walked the dog and made me a sandwich. He's such a good kid!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)