Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Homeschooling & work/business/income

Posted by   + Show Post
Do any of you also work or have a business or any means of income brought in by You & not DH/SO?

I'm a cosmetologist and beauty consultant so I'm very flexible with appointments but it's been slow. I've been trying to promote myself and my business at church, with current clients etc. They're helping spread the word so I'll see how the next couple months go. I'm hoping there's enough of a boost to keep consistency.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 10:46 AM
Replies (21-28):
P.N._Guin
by on Nov. 12, 2011 at 7:06 PM
Jen, I'm sure interested!

Quoting Jen7232005:

I'm a homeschooling WAHM and I would be happy to share with all of you what I do! There is no selling, no inventory, no risk! I've been working from home for 2 years and I love it. I would be happy to talk to each of you more about it. Let me know;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
P.N._Guin
by on Nov. 12, 2011 at 7:07 PM
I an taking a medical transcription course right now. There are plenty of wah positions.
Problem is I am NOT very good at it. Heh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rivercharm
by on Nov. 12, 2011 at 8:21 PM

I make slide show DVDs and I am thinking about starting to market them at different places , also running an add in the local newspaper.. They are good for sports teams, funerals, weddings, pregnancy and child birth, anything really... I do one every year at the end of the year for our family to include all holiday, bday and random pics and videos throughout the year! I add music, text, and other cute stuff to them...(I also work FT as a supervisor for a national credit card company and am a PT student myself)

hottmommi42
by on Nov. 24, 2011 at 3:12 AM
I started an (insert groan cuz I know its coming!) Amway business a few years ago cuz its got something for everyone. I also coupon (math lesson!) And never deviate from a budget. I have done mystery shopping, and I have even thought about doing online background checks for companies just to bring a little extra that doesn't make me have to leave my kids. If you really look around there are options, but you have to be open and willing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashlet01
by on Nov. 24, 2011 at 4:50 AM

I started with Beachbody, I love it, but I also love and believe in their products.There are many aspects to it. Providing support, motivation for exercises, nutrition, and more. In case you don't recognize Beachbody, they make P90x, Turbo Fire, Insanity and more.

You really do have to find something you love to do sales and MLM otherwise you wont enjoy it or succeed.

I am starting PreK with my DD1 and she is doing so well. I don't know what the pace is for a three year old, but as most mothers I like to think she is advanced, lol.

itsrks
by on Nov. 24, 2011 at 12:42 PM

I'm doing Vemma (http://www.vemmafromabove.com/) with my husband. It's nice because we both like the product, the company, and the support we get. We also get to go to conferences together which is really fun. They are coming out with a new weightloss formula. This company is growing by leaps and bounds because the product works for health and the business side works because of it's support system.

Get HEART (Help and support, Expansion of the mind and heart, Academic excellence, Realization of unique genius, and Training of heart) for less than $1 a day!  http://www.upliftingeducation.net/

sew4fun
by on Nov. 24, 2011 at 6:16 PM

I agree! Saving money on anything and getting things free when you can helps a TON !!!!!! I try to do these things. I also try to do trades as much as possible. Not just on my business things but with other t hings too , If the girls out grow their clothes I will trade them with someone that can use them for something I can use. I have even traded cooking for someschool things!

Quoting mem82:

Hi! I bring in a little through online things but just enough to buy diapers. I also use Swagbucks and just bought a brand new baby swing off of Amazon with them. 8) That's how I get a lot of things. It takes a lot of work and it's not going to pay a mortgage but it certainly helps.

I also coupon pretty seriously and concentrate more on making what money I do have stretch as far as possible. 8)

sew4fun
by on Nov. 24, 2011 at 6:18 PM

Now I also have my own business where I make craft things and sell them

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN