Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Extreme Couponing - I think I need professional help! (piog)

Posted by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 4:51 PM
  • 4 Replies

Ok so ours is one of the north eastern states that were burried under a freak snowstorm last weekend. We only just got power back late yesturday, but something like 85% of the state is still out of power....And because of this stupid power outage the Sunday papers WERE NEVER DELIVERED TO THE STORES!!!!!!

We all camped out on my dad's living room floor, and in his town the grocery store and pharmacy, McDonalds and Dunkin Donuts still had power (there was a 40 minute wait to be served at Dunkin Donuts on Sunday!!) Anywho, as soon as I learned the grocery store had power I ran over to get the paper so I could have this weeks inserts.....only THE PAPERS WEREN'T DELIVERED!! I guess the newspaper headquarters or whatever was out of power Sat afternoon so they never had a chance to print the paper! I'm all - well what about my coupons!

I was freaking out by the time I got back to my dads - sweating and shaking - worrying that there were going to be awesome coupons and I'd miss them....lol, DH said I needed help! LOL Finally I remembered I could order the whole insert from the computer...

So I've ordered from http://www.wholecouponinserts.com/ for the first time. I've even signed up for the subscription (which nets you 10 copies of each weeks inserts for $18)...so I'll let you know what I think. I don't normally get 10 copies of the paper (my average is 3) and i have a deal with our neighborhood store so I get those 3 for about $2 so I'm not sure I'll keep the subscription, but I guess we'll see......

Shannon

by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
oredeb
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 4:59 PM

hahahahahahahahahahahaha shannon! im laughing so hard im crying!

im glad you got your sunday papers!!hahahahahahahahah

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Nov. 2, 2011 at 5:04 PM

Quoting oredeb:

One of the ladies in one of my ther groups asked if it would  be a 12 step program and I said, "It's a 10 step program - as a concession to those addicted to savings, they gave us a 2 step discount"......LOL.....it was nice to have something to laugh about after the last few (cold) days.....

oredeb
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 5:23 PM

haahahahahahahahahah

Quoting KickButtMama:

Quoting oredeb:

One of the ladies in one of my ther groups asked if it would  be a 12 step program and I said, "It's a 10 step program - as a concession to those addicted to savings, they gave us a 2 step discount"......LOL.....it was nice to have something to laugh about after the last few (cold) days.....

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 2, 2011 at 6:37 PM

sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting KickButtMama:

Quoting oredeb:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)