Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you buy homeschooling supplies disguised as Christmas presents?

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 8:26 AM
  • 26 Replies

You know, science kits or globes? markers, books and novels, etc...

by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SpiritedDragon
by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I usually get art supplies for my oldest, since he is my artist in the family!  I think we are going to get some astronomy stuff too since my youngest was pointing it out this year.  So really they pick it out, and don't realize it.  lol

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2011 at 9:21 AM

Not anymore really, dd will pick books she wants and we get those. Now she is older, she doesn't want art supplies or things like that.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Nov. 6, 2011 at 9:23 AM

CONSTANTLY!!

Even for b-days and such. I give the grandparents lists of 'wish lists' and make sure to include about 1/2 of the list as educational supplies. The kids love science experiments and computer programs - but we just can't afford them.

DJ got a huge science experiment kit for his bday and absolutely LOVED it.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2011 at 9:33 AM

So true!

Quoting SpiritedDragon:

I usually get art supplies for my oldest, since he is my artist in the family!  I think we are going to get some astronomy stuff too since my youngest was pointing it out this year.  So really they pick it out, and don't realize it.  lol

Venanya
by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 9:38 AM

Yes and no. My son is old enough to realize I'm doing that and will call me out on it. However, a novel he wants to read or something like that, yes, I do.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 6, 2011 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm totally planning a microscope for Christmas. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuciP
by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 1:50 PM

It is funny but I joined this group for help in homeschooling a pre-k 4 little girl I am watching again due to a diagnosis of Juvenile Diabetes. As it turns out a new boy who is in 1st grade will be coming to me in Dec for daycare and I will be re-inforcing his homeschooling during the day. I was willing to take it on due to this board and really nice and commited parents. I was thinking of what I would do for them for christmas since I give all my families gifts and I thought of buying him something to do with art since that is what his mother says he likes. Since I scrapbook and make cards I think we will make chipboard books for each month to share what he has learned and to have actual photo memories of his homeschooling experience with me.

twyliatepeka
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2011 at 1:50 PM

NOOO...that is terrible...why would you do that to a kid!?!?

ok so just kidding. real answer YES!!!!  i do it all the time! i even have others buy "school stuff" for christmas& birthday gifts instead of toys & junk we don't really need.

aroling
by on Nov. 7, 2011 at 8:25 AM
Sure do!
tonyanamelia
by Member on Nov. 7, 2011 at 10:51 AM

I have been getting educational toys and games for my daughter since she was born. I won't stop just because she is in school now. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)