Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Lonely, sad, lonely, depressed, lonely, world hurts. . . did I mention lonely?

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 3:58 PM
  • 24 Replies

Not that it matters but my name is Kay, my new baby is two months old and he's the only one we have. Why am I posting in here when my kid isn't even old enough to be schooled? Because I was home schooled and I know I'm most likely to find people similar to me who maybe might even understand me a ltiile in this group. I will be home schooling my son as well as the other two children we are planning on having so I'm not exactly cheating by being here I don't think. Anyway I have no friends, no one but DH to talk to, and don't get me wrong he's amazing and I love him with all my heart but I'm still so lonely and I don't know why:(! I wasn't before but lately I feel like I have no one to talk to about children, being a mom, DHs good and bad, and just anything, idk, heck idk why I'm even writing this, I guess I'm in some kind of funk or something, just want to sit down and cry. I'm 22, belive in God, love my baby, rather conservitive, like I said my child is two months, happily married to the best man in the world, read alot so kind of a book worm idk sounds like I'm writing a profile for a date:( Just lonely and idk idk IDK, gonna stop talking now before I scare people I guess. Anyone like me? Just want some one to talk to and swap baby stories with? Feel free to say hi, or even if not say hi anyway, or anything at all. I know I sound crazy or retarded but I assure you I'm not lol

by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2011 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello! I had a baby at the end of August, my fourth. 8) It sounds like you may just have a touch of PPD. I wasn't homeschooled but I hope my kids homeschool there kids. You can help us out here, especially with the highschooler questions since you aren't that long from it. What were the best things to you about homeschooling?

Please join us in the Birth to 3 years group. We all have young kidsin there, too!

gingergarcia
by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 5:03 PM

Your not crazy, every mom gos through this phase sooner or later. Welcome to our group and cheer up things always get better. If you ever have any questions or need advice about anything just ask okay!

Lynette
by Member on Nov. 6, 2011 at 5:10 PM

are you breastfeeding?  If you are a GREAT place to meet other moms is at LLL meetings. 

oredeb
by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 5:52 PM

welcome kay!! its great to meet you! wow you were homeschooled thats great! what curriculum did you use? your baby is 2 months old, hold on to that cuz time will fly!!! my youngest is 28!

you dont live around your parents? or hometown that you grew up in? well come on in here and you'll have lots of friends!

debbie

Nevermore-rvn
by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 6:03 PM

As a teenager homeschooling can be hard, I was rather lonely alot, but it's awesome in alot of ways especially in the freedom I think, you can excell in areas that you're good at and not be held back. It's best if the parent has time to put in of coarse and even better if you can be part of other homeschool groups so as to meet kids your age and understanding. In truth from fourteen on my mom was really really busy and I taught myself and my baby brother (then seven and unwilling in all subjects but math lol ) and so I don't think I can give you a true and honest perspective on the teenage part, it was a very hard experience for me. But my best friend Joseph was homescooled as well and he is a better person for it. I can say that it keeps the teenagers away from all the bad influences of the others, neither he nor I were ever slutty, got into heavy drugs, drinking etc. I did sneak into my moms wine a few times 17 through 18 but it was out of spite, like I said that was a hard time for me. But I firmly believe homeschool is the best and safest choice, my child won't have some random kid giving him pot when he's ten, such a thing happened at our local grade school a year ago and a coworkers kid was going there.

Quoting mem82:

Hello! I had a baby at the end of August, my fourth. 8) It sounds like you may just have a touch of PPD. I wasn't homeschooled but I hope my kids homeschool there kids. You can help us out here, especially with the highschooler questions since you aren't that long from it. What were the best things to you about homeschooling?

Please join us in the Birth to 3 years group. We all have young kidsin there, too!

JKronrod
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2011 at 9:06 PM

Sweetie, go online and see if there are any moms' groups in your area.  You say that you believe in G-d -- do you have a church (or synagogue or mosque or temple or whatever)?  If not, start exploring those in your area.  You may be able to meet people to just be with.  It takes time to make real friends, of course, but you have to MEET a lot of people before you find one that you can really be friends with (see, sort of like dating :-) )  I agree that it sounds like you may have some PPD --- that's not unusual.  If it starts getting worse AT ALL go get some professional help. 

Finally, talk to your husband about all this -- he sounds like a good  guy, and  he has the right to know what is going on (and that it's not him). 

beluvdwife
by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 10:42 PM

you are not alone.  My youngest is 17 months old and she is my 4th and I had a HORRIBLE time of loneliness.  So, you actually have the "right" to be.  You need to get out to some Christian moms groups - what about your church?  This is a good place to start!  You are NOT ALONE!  (John 14) (John 16:24)  I'll be praying for you!

Liamoondancer
by Member on Nov. 7, 2011 at 9:29 AM

My babies are now 34 and 37, but I remember the black hole of lonliness I fell into after the birth of my 2nd.  Call your ob/gyn!!!!!.  That's what I did.  They have heard your story a million times and know exactly what to do to help you! The nurse hooked me up with a wonderful group of new mother's (called Pierre's Pelican or something!  LOL)    Many hospitals and birthing centers have support  groups of mothers who gave birth around the same time.

I think it's wonderful that you have already decided to homeschool that beautiful child!!  My daughter knew even before she got pregnant that she wanted to homeschool her children - that's why I, a retired teacher, am now homeschooling the 3 most beautiful grandchildren in the whole world!!  LOL

You'll be in my prayers!  This too shall pass!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 7, 2011 at 12:26 PM
I agree with the ppd (post partum depression), which can be really serious. So please, tell your doctor and husband how you are feeling. I had it, and didnt know, it was such an awful, lonely, helpless place to be.
You are absolutely welcome here! I'm preggo with #3, and have a 6 year old and 2.5 year old. I do agree that a group with younger babies may help as well, because the members will be all going through some of the same ages and stages, which can help you feel not so alone.

((((hugs)))).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 7, 2011 at 1:34 PM

Welcome to the group, I agree with all the other post! That being said you are more then welcome here as a homeschooler & as a future homeschooling Mom.

I was a teen mom 18 years ago & I know how hard it is to be a mom with no friends!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)