Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Lonely, sad, lonely, depressed, lonely, world hurts. . . did I mention lonely?

Posted by   + Show Post

Not that it matters but my name is Kay, my new baby is two months old and he's the only one we have. Why am I posting in here when my kid isn't even old enough to be schooled? Because I was home schooled and I know I'm most likely to find people similar to me who maybe might even understand me a ltiile in this group. I will be home schooling my son as well as the other two children we are planning on having so I'm not exactly cheating by being here I don't think. Anyway I have no friends, no one but DH to talk to, and don't get me wrong he's amazing and I love him with all my heart but I'm still so lonely and I don't know why:(! I wasn't before but lately I feel like I have no one to talk to about children, being a mom, DHs good and bad, and just anything, idk, heck idk why I'm even writing this, I guess I'm in some kind of funk or something, just want to sit down and cry. I'm 22, belive in God, love my baby, rather conservitive, like I said my child is two months, happily married to the best man in the world, read alot so kind of a book worm idk sounds like I'm writing a profile for a date:( Just lonely and idk idk IDK, gonna stop talking now before I scare people I guess. Anyone like me? Just want some one to talk to and swap baby stories with? Feel free to say hi, or even if not say hi anyway, or anything at all. I know I sound crazy or retarded but I assure you I'm not lol

by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 3:58 PM
Replies (21-24):
rebeccasmly
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:12 AM

I understand. When my 1st born was 3 months old, I moved to another state where I had no family or friends. I was also very shy so I had a hard time meeting people. I was so lonely and depressed and got in a real bad funk. Have you cheked for any groups on CM with moms in the same area where you live? It might help you meet other moms on your area. Also our home school group doesn't matter what the age of your child is to join as long as you are or will be home schooling. In fact, we have play groups for all the little ones not school age as some of the activities in our group. Maybe you could reach out to a home school group near you? Also find a church nearby since you said you believe in God. That can be an excellent place to meet other mommys. It may take a bit to find a church you're comfortable with but it will happen.

Welcome to the group!

hlbhembree
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with the others that it sounds like you may have a little PPD and I would suggest discussing how you feel with your doctor.  Also, you might look into your local MOPS group.  They provide childcare so that you can have some time to socialize with other moms and they are homeschool friendly.

ddwilson
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

The lonliness & anticlimax is normal due to hormones (I just had my 2nd little boy last Dec) & due to the fact that it is overwhelming!  You go from reading books & long hot baths, to 2 hour feedings & no sleep, heart burn from gobbling down food before he wakes up.  2 months ago, you had only to worry about yourself, now there is this huge obligation to another living being-husbands can be great, but mothers are given a connection with our children.  I would suggest going to a doctor.  I struggled through ppd with my first b/c I would not admit to being a "depressed person", now with Noah, I admitted something was wrong and got help.  It's truly normal, just a lot of ppl are like me & are embarrassed to talk about it.  I think you were brave in posting, a lot of mothers feel the way you do, we just push it under the rug & talk about what fabulous thing we're making for dinner instead!

aroling
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 8:18 AM
I felt the same way when my daughter was under 6m. I had ppd. You'll get through it! I was working pt, pt student, and a 'single mom' during the wk bc dh is a trucker. I reached out to my church and friends to help my through it.

{{hugs}}
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN