Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Off Topic: What do you think of the Occupy Movement?

Posted by   + Show Post

what do you think about the occupy movement?

are you apart of it?

camping in the parks?

do you know what they are occupying about or what its about?

are they doing it in your town?

by on Nov. 7, 2011 at 10:21 AM
Replies (11-13):
Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2011 at 12:48 AM

what do you think about the occupy movement? I agree with the idea they are trying to get across. With so many people though I think the point gets misconstrued most of the time.

are you apart of it? I would say yes.

camping in the parks? No

do you know what they are occupying about or what its about? Yes. There are many issues but the main ones are: People are dissatisfied with having to work so hard and getting no where. Better yet even going backwards. They are tired of people with money who buy off our corporations, goverment, ect for things to be in their favor and we get no choice because we don't have the right amount of money.

are they doing it in your town? Unfortunately no.

oredeb
by on Nov. 15, 2011 at 10:33 AM

dawn thanks for the explanation of what it is! the best one i've read, i wonder how many of the people are ones that lost their homes etc.

Quoting Dawn07:

what do you think about the occupy movement? I agree with the idea they are trying to get across. With so many people though I think the point gets misconstrued most of the time.

are you apart of it? I would say yes.

camping in the parks? No

do you know what they are occupying about or what its about? Yes. There are many issues but the main ones are: People are dissatisfied with having to work so hard and getting no where. Better yet even going backwards. They are tired of people with money who buy off our corporations, goverment, ect for things to be in their favor and we get no choice because we don't have the right amount of money.

are they doing it in your town? Unfortunately no.

oredeb
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 10:39 AM

we had tear gas and arrest yesterday from something thats part of the occupation movement sounded like n17 or something! they were talking about taxing the rich more, they were trying to block the streets during rush hour

well it must have worked cuz dh didnt get home till very late

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN