Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you going on a Field Trip this week?

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2011 at 10:38 AM
  • 16 Replies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NYCitymomx3
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2011 at 10:42 AM

I think we might head over the the NY Hall of Science tomorrow.  

Angela

dd(17) Freshman in college

dd(15) Sophomore at performing arts high school (dance)

ds(10) 5th Grade homeschooler (Eclectically Charlotte Mason))

Visit my Blog

ColtsFan1912
by Bekah on Nov. 8, 2011 at 2:05 PM

we were talking about going to La Purisima , a mission nearby, but we might have to wait til next week.

usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 8, 2011 at 5:07 PM

This looks like fun

Quoting NYCitymomx3:

I think we might head over the the NY Hall of Science tomorrow.  

oredeb
by debbie on Nov. 10, 2011 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

we are off on our field trip!!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 10:40 AM

Have a haapy wedding! Tell the bride and groom that we here on CafeMom wish them luck and love! 8)

Quoting oredeb:

swim-mom72
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 3:36 PM

Quoting oredeb:

So exciting : ) Don't forget the tissue : )

rebeccasmly
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 3:39 PM

We went to one on Tuesday to a local grocery store with our home school group. It was fun but we always have a great time since we have such a fantastic group. I was impressed because they gave each child a goodie bag full of stuff at the end.

I think our next field trip will be the day after Thanksgiving where we will be meeting about 50 other people at a zoo. I don't think I have anything scheduled next week, lol.

wright1212
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 4:51 PM

Sat we are going to grandparents and hour away. But we are visiting other family on a farm and hope to get some 'school' pics and fall pics in while there. We've been studing safety and this week fire. Even though in public K last year that did fire training, thinking about going to a firehouse and visiting to show what they do.

JoyfulMommyof2
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 9:04 PM
We are on a week-long field trip camping in the mountains of Arkansas! We are studying insects in science and early settlement of America. I printed checklists before we left home for insects, trees, and rock types. The kids loooove checking everything they see on their list. They write in their journal each evening about their day. They also brought sketchbooks and have drawn pics of things they like. We take hikes and ride bikes each day. We visited Mt. Nebo today which was on the Trail of Tears and discussed the Indian Removal Act of 1830. We visited Mt. Magazine on Wed. and Mt. Petit Jean on Mon. This is REAL learning! The kiddos are bringing up things we've learned that I had forgotten about. It's amazing. We play scrabble and the 50 States game in the evenings and read at bed time. The only subject we're not getting enough of is arithmetic, but we'll take care of that next week. I can't begin to list everything we've discussed and learned about so far, and we still have two complete days left!

JoyfulMommyof2

busy mom

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2011 at 8:31 PM

This week I hope to take the kids on a nature hike.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)