Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Need ideas for library trip!!

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2011 at 5:05 PM
  • 6 Replies

next week we are going to the main library(field trip) in this city, everyone tells me its huge, 5 or 6 stories tall, so i need a plan for when we go! so the kids arent just walking around in wonder! haha

ideas about what they could do there for 5 kids ages 10-14

by on Nov. 8, 2011 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 8, 2011 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this

You could have them do a scavenger hunt for books to see who is the best at navigating a library!

SusanTheWriter
by on Nov. 8, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Check their website before you go to see if they have any exhibits or special features you especially want to see. Enjoy your trip!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 10, 2011 at 7:42 AM
Oh how fun! I like the scavenger hunt idea, and I'd definitely see if they have a map online!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wright1212
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 8:48 AM

do tell us how it goes. my 6yo i just started formally teaching how to search for books. BUT YES scavenger hunt, i would plan each 1 there own special hunt with books they like plus library materials and stuff.

oredeb
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 9:27 AM

yes i thought the scavenger hunt would be fun also! thank  you all!!! i'll start planning when i come back!! thank you!

debbie

mrspriceisright
by on Nov. 11, 2011 at 2:23 PM

You might want to also see if you can meet with a librarian.  They are usually more than willing to show you other resources the library has like things online or that you can request but wouldn't know about if you didn't ask!

Have fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)