Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Thanksgiving art activities?

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 8:39 AM
  • 14 Replies
Anyone have some fun ones you want to share? I love holiday art themes. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 14, 2011 at 8:41 AM
We do the traditional turkey every year. Body is made from their foot, feathers are their hands. It's a fun way to see how much they grow each year.
Toilet paper rolls for bodies with handprints cut from const paper is fun too.

We like to make food art too. Pilgrim hats made from round cookies and a marshmallow dipped in chocolate with icing details. Rice krispie cornucopias with candy corn and such inside.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2011 at 8:54 AM

We use leaves a lot this time of year. We can use them to make  and placemats or leaf rubs. We trace them and color them different colors.

usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 14, 2011 at 1:40 PM

You could make pictures using leaves, pine cones & other things found in nature.

Here are some my kids worked on this weekend with their Dad ( not Thanksgiving themed though)

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2011 at 12:12 PM

I got this from Smockity Frocks blog. Too cute!

oredeb
by on Nov. 15, 2011 at 6:14 PM

neat!!!

DrJChappell
by on Nov. 15, 2011 at 6:18 PM

Quoting usmom3:

You could make pictures using leaves, pine cones & other things found in nature.

Here are some my kids worked on this weekend with their Dad ( not Thanksgiving themed though)

That's an impressive dinosaur! so much detail!

catJennifer

oredeb
by on Nov. 15, 2011 at 6:23 PM

heres something the kids are gona make

Button Indian Corn Napkin Rings

These colorful table setting decorations really capture the flavor of the holiday -- and make a fun project for kids to work on a day or two before the big day.

Materials

• Felt
  • Popsicle sticks
  • Tacky glue
  • Small paintbrush
  • Buttons in assorted colors (you can buy them by the bag in many craft store
Instructions
  1. Button Indian Corn Napkin Rings - Step 1 For each napkin ring, cut a 4- by 5 1/2-inch piece of felt. Starting at one short end of the rectangle, glue on 12 Popsicle sticks (it's less messy if you use a small paintbrush to spread the glue), lining them up side by side. You should end up with a margin of uncovered felt at the end.

2. Button Indian Corn Napkin Rings - Step 2 Once the glue dries, form a ring by gluing the overlapped felt together

3. Now comes the fun part: glue on rows of buttons, alternating the colors to resemble an ear of Indian corn. Let the glue dry completely.

4. When it's time to use the rings, roll up corn-husk-colored napkins. Insert one in each ring so that a portion extends above the cob.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 16, 2011 at 8:52 AM
That Dino is impressive! And I love the pumpkin amd the napkin rings!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 16, 2011 at 12:36 PM

Quoting DrJChappell:

Quoting usmom3:

That's an impressive dinosaur! so much detail!

My husband did that dino for my 6y/o & they used pices of a pine cone to make the spines on its back & as its claws.

Cafe Kelly
by Head Admin on Nov. 16, 2011 at 3:38 PM

When you make the turkeys do you use paint or trace their hand and foot onto paper?

Quoting Boobah:

We do the traditional turkey every year. Body is made from their foot, feathers are their hands. It's a fun way to see how much they grow each year.
Toilet paper rolls for bodies with handprints cut from const paper is fun too.

We like to make food art too. Pilgrim hats made from round cookies and a marshmallow dipped in chocolate with icing details. Rice krispie cornucopias with candy corn and such inside.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)