Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

whats for dinner this week?

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 11:03 AM
  • 12 Replies
by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 14, 2011 at 11:12 AM
Oh goodness, I wish I had a plan. It's been really bad around here lately as far as meal planning (or planning of any kind) goes. I'm thinking chicken and cous cous with peas tonight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 14, 2011 at 12:07 PM

Do you make the clam chowder from scratch? I love it but have never tried to make it myself.

oredeb
by on Nov. 16, 2011 at 1:41 PM

yes usmom from scratch, and its an easy recipe! we even harvest the clams ourselves on the beach. i made 9 gallons of it for the wedding this last week! should have made more!hahahahhaah

heres the recipe, theres no pictures yet, http://mykitchen-deb.blogspot.com/

Quoting usmom3:

Do you make the clam chowder from scratch? I love it but have never tried to make it myself.

usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 16, 2011 at 5:10 PM

Cool! I want to try it but I will have to buy my clams, being land locked here in Lubbock & all.

Quoting oredeb:

yes usmom from scratch, and its an easy recipe! we even harvest the clams ourselves on the beach. i made 9 gallons of it for the wedding this last week! should have made more!hahahahhaah

heres the recipe, theres no pictures yet, http://mykitchen-deb.blogspot.com/

Quoting usmom3:

wright1212
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 10:47 AM
  •  Mon-chinese
  • Tues-homemade pizza, hotwings, spin dip
  • Wed-one of those yummy box pasta side dishes with tuna added, collard greens
  • Thurs-meatloaf, mash pot, peas
  • Friday-pork roast and veggies
  • Sat- leftovers
  • Sunday beef veggie soup, salad, bread
  • Monday-cube steak gravy, mash pot, green beans
oredeb
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 5:27 PM

dinner tonight:

chicken cacciatore

green salad

rolls

roasted asparagus

apple pie

delmeg10
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 5:34 PM

Tonight we're having fried chicken, cous-cous and edamame.

oredeb
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 5:36 PM

edamame, we've tried to eat this! but dh just couldnt do it! but i think we were eating it wrong, are you suppose to take off the shell?

Quoting delmeg10:

delmeg10
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Yes! Lol... You most definitely take it out of the shell first. I always buy it in the shell even though you can buy it out of the shell, because the shelled kind tastes better. And it doesn't take much energy to take it out of the shell as your eating it. I always just give us eash a small bowl to put the shells in. I'd try it again and take it out of the shell, it is REALLY tasty. Especially with sea salt.

I also use it a lot in recipes that call for peas, because I really like edamame better. It is crunchier, but easily replaces peas in any recipe I've ever tried.

Quoting oredeb:

edamame, we've tried to eat this! but dh just couldnt do it! but i think we were eating it wrong, are you suppose to take off the shell?

Quoting delmeg10:

Meagan loving wife to Delvin 5/9/07

Proud mommy to Luke 6/19/08 and Jake 9/1/10

oredeb
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 10:42 AM

thanks meagan!!!

Quoting delmeg10:

Yes! Lol... You most definitely take it out of the shell first. I always buy it in the shell even though you can buy it out of the shell, because the shelled kind tastes better. And it doesn't take much energy to take it out of the shell as your eating it. I always just give us eash a small bowl to put the shells in. I'd try it again and take it out of the shell, it is REALLY tasty. Especially with sea salt.

I also use it a lot in recipes that call for peas, because I really like edamame better. It is crunchier, but easily replaces peas in any recipe I've ever tried.

Quoting oredeb:

Quoting delmeg10:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN