Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How's homeschooling going?

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 12:03 PM
  • 14 Replies

hows everything going?

kids happy?

you happy?

problems?

something new you learned about teaching kids?

by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 14, 2011 at 12:58 PM
It's going good
Julia loves it. I mean, loves.
I'd be doing better if I wasn't pregnant. Now I just feel like I'm a failure
Our problems are me being too tired/sick to do much. :/ and giving up our school room has created problems.
I learned I love to teach her! And that it's much easier when you have a school room (for me).
Kevin (dh) keeps saying she needs a friend, and she does. Unfortunately not many people are around her age in our HS group, and it's been cold so the neighbors aren't out much. She and her sister are having issues being together 24/7.

*sigh. I feel like a horrible mom/teacher. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Danielle163
by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 4:28 PM

I'm sure your not a "horrible mother" Boobah.  Yeah, I would kill for a school room also. Sure would make things easier but, oh well it will not be happening anytime soon. My DD needs a friend too. She actually met some girls....I just try not to get my hopes up, I don't say an awfully lot.....I just don't want there to be anymore crashing and burning.

Homeschooling here is going pretty good....no problems. We did get a new hs coordinator out at the district office that has no clue what the hell is going on. We pulled out of the HSAP.

oredeb
by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 5:16 PM

what about penpals for your kids, would that help?

jhg374
by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 11:45 PM

Things are WONDERFUL! This year is the easiest year for me! My youngest is reading more fluently while my other two can each take turns working independantly so I have the chance to work with each kiddo one on one.

I LOVE the fact that my kids LOVE homeschooling! They are so grateful and are so motivated, which in turn makes it so much easier for me!

I am always learning and growing in how to teach my kids. They all learn so differently and each require a different amount of personal support, but I am so grateful that I CAN be the one to support and teach them!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 15, 2011 at 9:15 AM
That would be really neat, actually. She can read and write very well. She loves to get mail!

Quoting oredeb:

what about penpals for your kids, would that help?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Diggems0312
by on Nov. 15, 2011 at 10:26 AM
It's going well. Much better than I expected. I've taken ds off of his ADHD meds and he's doing fine. Occasionally he will drive me nuts with his distractions lol. He seems to really like it. We got through one unit in 2 weeks. Looking forward to a break though.

Although this bleary rainy day is messing with MY concentration. I just wanna go back to sleep lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Nov. 15, 2011 at 10:28 AM

hi diggems, did you change his diet? or anything else when you took him off the meds? thats so neat!

Quoting Diggems0312:

It's going well. Much better than I expected. I've taken ds off of his ADHD meds and he's doing fine. Occasionally he will drive me nuts with his distractions lol. He seems to really like it. We got through one unit in 2 weeks. Looking forward to a break though.

Although this bleary rainy day is messing with MY concentration. I just wanna go back to sleep lol.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2011 at 11:28 AM

We're still spinning our wheels a bit. It seems like life is just determined to get in the way. But with Cole's reading break through a feel like we'll be okay.

Diggems0312
by on Nov. 15, 2011 at 12:59 PM

Quoting oredeb:

hi diggems, did you change his diet? or anything else when you took him off the meds? thats so neat!

Quoting Diggems0312:

Actually no. We switched to all whole grains a while back and I rarely allow sugar or sodas in the house. But I guess its easier to tolerate his little fidgets when he's the only student and I know how to redirect.

oredeb
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 5:33 PM

hi digg, do you think that changing his diet back when you did was a benefit?i have a friend who is thinging of doing the diet thing first, then the med thing.

Quoting Diggems0312:

Quoting oredeb:

Quoting Diggems0312:

Actually no. We switched to all whole grains a while back and I rarely allow sugar or sodas in the house. But I guess its easier to tolerate his little fidgets when he's the only student and I know how to redirect.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)