Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

First day of hs

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 1:04 PM
  • 8 Replies
So I needed a change in our life and have been so stressed with my kids. They go to private preschool 2 hours a day. My 4 y/o goes 4 days and my 2 y/o goes 2 days. I have been so happy with the school and want to continue to let my kids go there. The 2 y/o class has 8 kids and 3 teachers and the pre k has 18 kids and 3 teachers. So small classes and loving teachers. I wanted to add my own curriculum in before they go to their private school. I spent all weekend coming up with a lesson plan ( thanks boobah for all your help) I feel like I have a strong lesson plan and we started today. It was so fun. I'm struggling a little with the ages and learning style of my kids. My oldest loves learning and will sit down and devour every piece of info I give him. My two year old is wild and need to learn by jumping and playing. So I will need to tweak my curriculum for that. I also babysit a 3 y/o and I am doing a mix for her. She understands a few things my oldest is doing and is learning a few things my youngest is. Then there is my youngest who cries unless he is being held which is frustrating when I want my other ones to learn. Lastly there is a baby girl who I watch (sister of the 3 y/o I watch). She actually naps during our learning time. I'm so excited to be doing this. Lesson planning is a lot of work. I researched everything I wanted to teach for the month and I am writing out one week At a time. So anyway day one is a success and I am hoping this pushes my dh to maybe see why homeschooling for kindergarten and beyond is a great idea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jakesgal88
by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 1:18 PM

Congrats! We recently started as well (we moved and the new school system was horrible in regards to the behavior of the children). So we are now starting week three and i'm still getting the hang of it. What kind of curriculum is there for 2yr olds? My boys are in Kindergarten, 1st, and 3rd grade. However, I have twin girls who will be two in two months and they get bored while i'm schooling the boys and get into trouble. Maybe if I had something to do with them they would be a bit better.

mjp2707
by Member on Nov. 14, 2011 at 1:23 PM
I am making my own based on his needs. This month we will do shapes once he has that down colors. We will be working on numbers all year. I really like education so I want what we do to be very academically based. I think for the two year old I'm going to cut out big felt shapes and say jump on the heart jump on the square. Things like that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 14, 2011 at 1:46 PM

So glad to here it went well.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 14, 2011 at 1:51 PM
I'm so glad it's going well! It's a lot of work in the beginning, but it gets easier :) especially since you just decided this late last week!
I know you had said before dh was anti homeschool, does he have specific reasons? I ask because my hubby was also, so maybe we can help with some of his concerns.
And wow! You have a lot going on over there! How lucky is the mommy you baby sit for! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 3:32 PM

yea!!!! sounds like your liking it! have fun mjp! it will get easier the more you do it! more familiar you get with it,

Cafe Kate
by on Nov. 15, 2011 at 11:36 AM

Congrats on getting started! 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2011 at 11:48 AM

Sounds like you are doing great! Getting started is alway uphill, you'll do great. There will be bad days, though, so don't get discouraged.

delmeg10
by on Nov. 15, 2011 at 7:42 PM

Congratulation! I can't wait to take the official leap into homeschooling! :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN