Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

10 yr old suicide

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2011 at 3:44 AM
  • 11 Replies
Did you ladies hear the latest suicide from bullying? She's only 10 (Illinois)! Strongly supporting homeschool today, it's just so sad!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2011 at 3:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ballerina.2006
by on Nov. 16, 2011 at 3:58 AM
Aw how sad :( I'm glad we chose to homeschool.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Danielle163
by on Nov. 16, 2011 at 7:37 AM

I knew that my DD would not make it through public school unscathed as she is a very sensitive child and we suspect Asperger's. All of the suicides due to bullying played into my decision when I removed her from ps (because of  bullying) My heart goes out to this family. They would have to be changed forever..........That is just so sad.

Venanya
by on Nov. 16, 2011 at 8:02 AM

I pulled my son from public school because of depression. When i doubt my decision or capabilities to be a homeschooler, I just check his smile and his newfound confidence.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 16, 2011 at 8:42 AM
Oh my goodness, I did not hear that. *cry* poor kid, can you imagine what she went through?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2011 at 12:17 PM

My heart breaks for her and her family. Childhood shouldn't be so terrible. There was a girl who commited suicide when I was in elementary school. It's just so sad.

usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 16, 2011 at 12:41 PM

I read it yesterday, it brakes my heart because it said the girl asked her mom to homeschool her the day before she killed herself & the mom told her NO. I bet the mom wishes she could go back & say yes instead now knowing the out come of telling her no.

My son was getting bullied in PS & This was one of my fears & why I originally pulled him out to homeschool.

delmeg10
by on Nov. 16, 2011 at 1:20 PM

Quoting usmom3:

I read it yesterday, it brakes my heart because it said the girl asked her mom to homeschool her the day before she killed herself & the mom told her NO. I bet the mom wishes she could go back & say yes instead now knowing the out come of telling her no.

Oh my gosh! I can't imagine how horrible the mother is feeling today for telling her daughter no. That is so sad! :-(

Meagan loving wife to Delvin 5/9/07

Proud mommy to Luke 6/19/08 and Jake 9/1/10

usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 16, 2011 at 5:21 PM

Quoting delmeg10:

Quoting usmom3:

Oh my gosh! I can't imagine how horrible the mother is feeling today for telling her daughter no. That is so sad! :-(

I am sure it will haunt her for the rest of her life!

noraa21
by Member on Nov. 16, 2011 at 7:29 PM

What is the world coming to now days.  My DS was bullied last year and that is one reason I choose to homeschool this year, and no matter what he says he's never going back PS. 

I have thought for a while now that there has to be a better way than doing a assembly on how bullying is wrong, to get through to these kids.  I know the kids that were bullying my DS still did it, even after the counselor went in and talk to the class.  It just makes me sick that this sort of thing is allowed to go on with so many sucides happening from bullying. 

loves2sew
by on Nov. 16, 2011 at 11:34 PM

She musthave really been suffering. So sad. So young. Its stories like this that affirm my resolve to homeschool. Brakes my heart.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN