Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

LeapFrog

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 1:14 PM
  • 5 Replies

I was thinking about getting the LeapFrog Pad and the LeapFrog TAG reading system for my 4 year old son's christmas gifts. Do any of you use these products and are they as helpful as they seem to be?

by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
utkallie
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 4:49 PM

My kids enjoy them but I can't say that they have really helped them. Of course I've not tried any really educational games yet, just Toy Story, Dora, Tinker Bell, and Princesses. Really, it's just a good way to keep them busy when I'm trying to cook dinner!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 17, 2011 at 4:54 PM
We enjoy the tag reader, just be sure to get rechargeable batteries. Dd goes through it like crazy.
We are still debating on the leap pad vs the vtech tablet.
Like pp said, it didn't really help her read, just gave her something to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
delmeg10
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 5:20 PM

I've thought about getting my 3 1/2 year old one of those systems for a while now, but I don't think they would really "help" him educationally. And for the price of the system, plus the price of games, I can't justify it right now.

new.identity
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 8:22 AM

Thanks for your input, ladies. I didn't want to spend that amount of money on things that wouldn't be useful versus buying actual homeschooling materials.

wright1212
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 8:51 AM

I like the tag reader, easy on the go for us. BUT our favorite LF item is FRIDGE PHONICS. That one toy taught 2 of my 3 kids their letters so far, 2yo is just now getting into it. I got the capitol and lowercase letters, then later got the word wammer to go with it! I <3 that toy. My son loves the alphabus alot and still enjoy Tad the frog and DD had the girl. We got DD explorer instead of leappad and she really enjoys it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)