Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
A ten year old girl who was bullied at school committed suicide. She asked her mom to ne homeschooled and her mom said no. She thought her daughter was fine and it would toughen her up. Seriously what is wrong with people?!?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 8:51 AM
Replies (21-30):
letstalk747
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 11:10 PM

i agree with you

Diggems0312
by on Nov. 19, 2011 at 12:08 PM
My son had a no harm contract going with his intermediate school last year. This and the continued bullying are why I now homeschool him. He had to sign a contract promising not to hurt himself. The school had him sign it. Yet there was nothing being done about the bullying that pushed him that far. Seriously? I didn't want to end up as one of these news stories so I pulled him out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EaiB
by on Nov. 19, 2011 at 2:57 PM

What is wrong with some people that take someone's tragedy and think on how much they could have prevented it/done it better? Seriously. A child died. You blaming her family is pretty awful. Maybe the mom couldn't homeschool. Maybe she worked two jobs, and maybe they had limited resources. But, justification doesn't really matter. No one should say things like that after someone dies.

SilentDraconia
by on Nov. 19, 2011 at 4:08 PM

wow can you post a link to the show I couldn't find it.

SilentDraconia
by on Nov. 19, 2011 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this

This is the exact reason I started homeschooling. well there was a list a mile long. but this was the main. My son was being bullied I had to take him to the hospital because he started an uncontrolable fit and had a broncial attack. He didn't want to go back needless to say I put my notice of intent in as soon as we were back went to my sons doctor the same day and got him a doctors excuse for the day along with an excuse for the rest of the week. My notice was approved the very next day. we were thrilled. And he is doing much better now.

He asked me to HS and I did. The bullies kept getting away with it. and he was the one getting in trouble. One of the children lived in my neighborhood and would pick on him when he was outside. This boy was in 6th grade picking on my 1st grader He made the mistake of not seeing me. I recorded the whole thing along with my 16 yo neighbor protecting my son. I broke it up quick but the boy kept going even though I was there I had to pull him away from my son. Needless to say I called the police and had the boy arrested. Along with his parents who were outside incouraging it. They thought it was funny. They tried to lie to the police but were speechless when I broke out the vid.

Yuriko_chan
by on Nov. 19, 2011 at 10:21 PM
I'll see if I can find one. I'm on mobile right now. My husband is on the computer. It was on yesterday morning.

Quoting SilentDraconia:

wow can you post a link to the show I couldn't find it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 20, 2011 at 8:55 PM
Thought it would toughen her up? Seriously? That poor girl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2011 at 9:08 PM

I *almost* feel sorry for the bully because he had parents like that. What kind of chance does a kid have to not grow up messed up with that kind of parenting? I'm glad you got him on tape and took action against him.

Quoting SilentDraconia:

This is the exact reason I started homeschooling. well there was a list a mile long. but this was the main. My son was being bullied I had to take him to the hospital because he started an uncontrolable fit and had a broncial attack. He didn't want to go back needless to say I put my notice of intent in as soon as we were back went to my sons doctor the same day and got him a doctors excuse for the day along with an excuse for the rest of the week. My notice was approved the very next day. we were thrilled. And he is doing much better now.

He asked me to HS and I did. The bullies kept getting away with it. and he was the one getting in trouble. One of the children lived in my neighborhood and would pick on him when he was outside. This boy was in 6th grade picking on my 1st grader He made the mistake of not seeing me. I recorded the whole thing along with my 16 yo neighbor protecting my son. I broke it up quick but the boy kept going even though I was there I had to pull him away from my son. Needless to say I called the police and had the boy arrested. Along with his parents who were outside incouraging it. They thought it was funny. They tried to lie to the police but were speechless when I broke out the vid.

AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2011 at 10:51 PM

=(

SilentDraconia
by on Nov. 21, 2011 at 12:08 AM
I felt very sorry for the boy but all the same he knew right from wrong my mother was abusive and a bully amongst other things I knew it was wrong so I didn't do it. I was bullied as well at school. I wish someone would have stuck up for me the only time my mother was nice to me is when one of the bullies attacked me after my dad died and he was teasing me about it and I fought back. In fortunately it ended with the other child in the hospital. I was just that angry. When I saw it happening to my own child I refused my sweet innocent loving child to become what they were. I would not allow his spirit to be broken when the nightmares and tantrums started it was over. The boy was removed from his parents and put in the care of his grandparents turns out the boy was abused and wanted someone to feel like him. He has apologized to my son and they actually became friends. The boys parents are in jail now for child endangerment, abuse and drug charges I think there are a few more too. Sometimes you don't know what the bully is going thru. We did go to court and he was placed on a type of probation and ordered to counciling. Donut all worked out

Quoting mem82:

I *almost* feel sorry for the bully because he had parents like that. What kind of chance does a kid have to not grow up messed up with that kind of parenting? I'm glad you got him on tape and took action against him.

Quoting SilentDraconia:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)