Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Are you going to make cooking Thanksgiving dinner a teachable moment?

Posted by   + Show Post

I always try to get at least some Math and Home Ec thrown in. lol Also, I try to teach about budgeting during the shopping trips to get the food. Great life lessons 8)

by on Nov. 19, 2011 at 2:01 PM
Replies (11-19):
TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2011 at 10:11 AM

Oh absolutely!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2011 at 10:16 AM

LOL I dry  brined the turkey last night and Cole was both horrified and ecstatic.

oredeb
by on Nov. 23, 2011 at 10:30 AM

great idea julie!!

Quoting JulieBrown:

My kids know how to make potatoes, black eyed pees and green beans the way we like it.  :-)  We are vegetarian and aren't eating a turkey.

I think this thanksgiving I will give them a chance to show me what they know.  :-) 

oredeb
by on Nov. 23, 2011 at 10:31 AM

love to have seen the look on his face!

Quoting mem82:

LOL I dry  brined the turkey last night and Cole was both horrified and ecstatic.

mrsjones2207
by on Nov. 23, 2011 at 1:27 PM

No...just read a Thanksgiving story and do a coloring sheet. Im goin to a friends house this year and I wont be cooking...YAY!!!

DrJChappell
by on Nov. 25, 2011 at 9:00 AM

DD8 did fractions while helping Grandma cook and learned how to set the table properly.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2011 at 11:04 AM

HA! When I reached in and pulled out the neck, he almost fell off the chair. so funny!

Quoting oredeb:

love to have seen the look on his face!

Quoting mem82:

gingergarcia
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:09 PM

I try to let my kids watch and help me, for instance they can help with laundry and stirring recipes, and even by asking the waiters for items at restaurants. It is the little things that seem to count the most.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2011 at 3:30 PM

I agree, it is the little things.

Quoting gingergarcia:

I try to let my kids watch and help me, for instance they can help with laundry and stirring recipes, and even by asking the waiters for items at restaurants. It is the little things that seem to count the most.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN