Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What do you teach for..... ( or who do you teach about)

Posted by   + Show Post

Like who do you teach about ? I really want to teach the girls more about art , music and history, even writers. But I guess I am brain dead! LOL I can not think of anything or anyone to research to teach the girls. Ugg I hate brain fog LOL

by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 11:13 PM
Replies (11-16):
wright1212
by on Nov. 21, 2011 at 10:28 PM

Last week we came up with the idea of when she ask about something I connect it to a who, then we decide if we want to learn about that person. So we were making PBJ and I told her that Elvis loved them fried, so she wanted to know all about who Elvis was and it was mini-2day unit. (for 1st grade level). It was a neat approach to WHO stuff. For this year we are really only talking about what we are thankful for (this week thanksgiving). So depending on what she chooses I might be able to through in a few more people. She is also going to be in the Nutcracker so we may study that author.

EaiB
by on Nov. 21, 2011 at 10:41 PM

Idk how to answer, since I'm planning on my children going to a brick and mortar public school for at least K-3, I'm covering odd things right now that might be missed entirely or not addressed at all (like mythology) and mostly just focusing on reading.

timon95
by on Nov. 21, 2011 at 11:18 PM

we tend to use whatever goes along with our curriculum

LeBoof
by on Nov. 22, 2011 at 9:53 AM
Quoting bmw29:

There's a board game??
"All who would win joy must share it;happiness was born a twin." Lord Byron
Shellie1084
by on Nov. 22, 2011 at 10:19 AM

Each year we choose a different war to look into (kids choose in no particular order) when we were doing K5 he learned about the Revolutionary War, 1st grade was Civil War, this year we are looking into WW1 (which btw is not easy to find for younger children. Both boys can read the material in the books at the library but they are bored by it.) Usually we visit battlegrounds or memorials to help them get a better "grasp" of what they are learning.

bmw29
by Member on Nov. 22, 2011 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Yup, sure is. :)

Quoting LeBoof:

Quoting bmw29:

There's a board game??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)