Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For you vetern homeschooler, or accountants.. Is homeschooling a tax deduction? Not only curriculums but Ive bought school supplies, book shelves, storage bins ect. Just wondering how much can I count if any.

On a side note for those wondering the same thing. I found if you take in 1 child for childcare purposes and make ANY money from it (even if they only paid $50 a week) you can count all toys, furniture, cleaning supplies, water, electricity, food and all for tax purposes. I have a friend that is a home provider for 4 children. Her husband makes about $70,000 a yr and she charges about $60wk per child. She said she is able to spend down her income to almost 0 because of tax deductions!!! Just a thought for anyone else thinking this.

Mommy to Corbin (9-epilepsy,autism, add) Kayla (6) Collin (2), Wife to Ben-OT, and I love teaching- M.Ed Early Childhood. SAHM & Homeschooling. Come watch us at www.youtube.com/user/1212wright

by on Nov. 21, 2011 at 10:25 AM
Replies (11-17):
oredeb
by debbie on Nov. 21, 2011 at 12:07 PM

im not sure what box top the schools do?? where do you get  them?

Quoting hailnbray:

I just filled out the form on the boxtop website. They get mailed in once a year. I'm sure u can do it more often but I don't collect them that fast

hailnbray
by on Nov. 21, 2011 at 12:10 PM

box tops for education. they come on almost any food u buy. tacos, cereal, u cut the box top points off and mail them in.  

Quoting oredeb:

Quoting hailnbray:

I just filled out the form on the boxtop website. They get mailed in once a year. I'm sure u can do it more often but I don't collect them that fast

today I can say I just sat back and was greatful for having the greatest kids I could ask for. I am going to worry less and love a little more. I am going to stop counting the minutes till bed time and start counting the minutes till good night kisses. I am going to stop crying and start laughing. I know together this family can move mountains one rock at a time
delmeg10
by on Nov. 21, 2011 at 12:58 PM

They look like this...

You can cut them off of tons of foods. We have three baggies full right now. Cereal, Hamburger Helper, Kleenex, Progresso soup (I'm getting two on every can right now). Here is the list of participating products. You earn $0.10 for every Box Top you send in. It's pretty cool!

Quoting oredeb:

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2011 at 1:46 PM

Holy Moly! I didn't realize homeschoolers could do box tops!

oredeb
by debbie on Nov. 21, 2011 at 1:53 PM

have you got any money back yet?? thats neat!!! i'll have to look for them, thanks for the link

Quoting delmeg10:

They look like this...

You can cut them off of tons of foods. We have three baggies full right now. Cereal, Hamburger Helper, Kleenex, Progresso soup (I'm getting two on every can right now). Here is the list of participating products. You earn $0.10 for every Box Top you send in. It's pretty cool!

Quoting oredeb:

oredeb
by debbie on Nov. 21, 2011 at 1:56 PM

thats so funny, ive never heard of them!!! wow i wonder what else ive been missing!!! thanks hailnbray

hey i just looked to the right of this post and theres a ad for box tops!hahahahahah

Quoting hailnbray:

box tops for education. they come on almost any food u buy. tacos, cereal, u cut the box top points off and mail them in.  

Quoting oredeb:

Quoting hailnbray:

wright1212
by on Nov. 21, 2011 at 9:02 PM

BOX TOPS: i looked it up and you can NOT send box tops for your homeschool. Here is the quote from their official rules page "It is also available to home school associations, containing any class with students from Kindergarten to 8th grade, in the United States organized and operated primarily for educational purposes and have 15 or more students." 

But if you have a group of friends (or coop) to reach 15 kids then you could easily send them in as a group. I am not in a COOP right now, but could round up 15 kids! I will try!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)