Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

off topic! how much was your turkey?

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2011 at 10:26 AM
  • 16 Replies

if you bought a turkey , how much a lb did you pay and what was the total cost?

by on Nov. 22, 2011 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 22, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Mine was .49 lb. & I payed a total of $6.14 ( it is a smaller one)

SusanTheWriter
by on Nov. 22, 2011 at 10:42 AM

I went to Whole Foods for our turkey - a total splurge. The bird is fresh and cost $1.99/lb. At 15.52 lb, it came to $30.88. Still, it'll feed 10-12 people on Thursday and part of Friday, then what's left will feed five of us for another couple of days once I turn the carcass into soup. So that's... roughly 32 servings from one bird and it comes out to just under $1/serving of turkey.

Kitchen math!

SusanTheWriter

Wife, Mom, Author

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2011 at 10:52 AM

Free. Dh gets a free turkey every year from work, but we will be going to my mothers and if we wouldn't have donated our turkey she woud have butchered one of hers, so free either way.

oredeb
by on Nov. 22, 2011 at 10:56 AM

mine cost $6.05, 26 cents a lb for a 26 pounder, but you had to buy 50 dollars at the store(winco) to get the turkey at that price.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 22, 2011 at 12:06 PM
My mom gets the turkey. I'm in charge of dessert this year
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2011 at 12:20 PM

I got a Butterball for a dollar a lb and it was 15lbs. Not the best deal, but not thw worst 'round here. 8)

nikki0522
by on Nov. 22, 2011 at 12:23 PM

I got a 13lb turkey for $.58/lb, so it cost $7.54.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 22, 2011 at 12:34 PM
Oh what I'd do for a nice juicy turkey. Maybe next year I'll spring for the turkey. Mom gets hers at the local iga and it's so dry. Don't get me started on that thing they call a turkey at hubby's aunts house. Dry and crispy! Lol but it's food, thanksgiving, and we are thankful to have family to get together with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Nov. 22, 2011 at 6:22 PM

hahahaha boobah!! sounds like you'd better cook the bird!!! what desserts are you making?0

Quoting Boobah:

Oh what I'd do for a nice juicy turkey. Maybe next year I'll spring for the turkey. Mom gets hers at the local iga and it's so dry. Don't get me started on that thing they call a turkey at hubby's aunts house. Dry and crispy! Lol but it's food, thanksgiving, and we are thankful to have family to get together with.

wowguildmomma
by on Nov. 22, 2011 at 9:03 PM

mine was a 19 pound turkey and i got it for 14.36 @ 74 cents a pound

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN