Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

off topic! how much was your turkey?

Posted by   + Show Post

if you bought a turkey , how much a lb did you pay and what was the total cost?

by on Nov. 22, 2011 at 10:26 AM
Replies (11-16):
luvthesoap
by on Nov. 23, 2011 at 9:03 AM

We bought a smoked turkey. It was $44.We pick it up tonight.

Betty in KY

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 23, 2011 at 9:07 AM
Tomorrow is thanksgiving, and I have no idea! It depends on if my back cooperates. However I don't need desserts until Saturday for my side of the family.

Quoting oredeb:

hahahaha boobah!! sounds like you'd better cook the bird!!! what desserts are you making?0

Quoting Boobah:

Oh what I'd do for a nice juicy turkey. Maybe next year I'll spring for the turkey. Mom gets hers at the local iga and it's so dry. Don't get me started on that thing they call a turkey at hubby's aunts house. Dry and crispy! Lol but it's food, thanksgiving, and we are thankful to have family to get together with.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2011 at 9:32 AM

74 cents a pound.  I paid $12.00 for a 16 pound turkey

bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2011 at 9:34 AM

I was at the store Tues and had just checked out and got in my car when my hubby called and asked if I had already bought my turkey. He said they just gave him one at work.  He didn't know he would be getting it.   I told him I would cook it in a couple months for sandwiches and such   :)

Quoting Dawn07:

Free. Dh gets a free turkey every year from work, but we will be going to my mothers and if we wouldn't have donated our turkey she woud have butchered one of hers, so free either way.

I am a stay at home,  home educating, non-vaxingmother to many children :)  And a very happy wife to a wonderful man!!!

candlelight777
by New Member on Nov. 23, 2011 at 9:47 AM
I bought 2 14lb turkey @ $.59lb for less than $17.00. 1 turkey for today with the in laws & 1 for another day.

I'm thinking of getting 1 or 2 more. We LOVE turkey sandwiches!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2011 at 10:10 AM

It was $8.99 total.  Safeway sold 16.01 - 20 lb. turkeys for $8.99.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN