Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you using for handwriting?

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2011 at 10:32 AM
  • 10 Replies

if anything, what do you use for handwriting?

are they learning cursive or printing now?

how are they liking it?

how old?

by on Nov. 22, 2011 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 22, 2011 at 11:56 AM

Nothing, They write when they feel like it (mostly notes & letters to everyone in the house when they want to play post office) 

They are learning both ways to write as they show interest in both.

They love being in control of what they learn & how they learn it.

They are 8 & 6. 

Shellie1084
by on Nov. 22, 2011 at 12:01 PM

Both boys (5 and 7) are learning cursive in school. We use ABEKA. Outside of school (or in other subjects in school) they write however they want. Both do really good with their writing and love to write notes/letters to eachother/friends/famiy/stuffed animals etc.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 22, 2011 at 12:03 PM
We finished handwriting without tears for first grade a couple weeks ago. Now we are just doing copy work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cedailey
by on Nov. 24, 2011 at 9:55 PM

Quoting oredeb:

if anything, what do you use for handwriting?  Cursive First

are they learning cursive or printing now?  Cursive

how are they liking it?  They like it as it's short and simple

how old? 6 and 7

DrJChappell
by on Nov. 25, 2011 at 8:21 AM

We're not using anything for handwriting. They're all learning cursive now, though we're not terribly consistent with it. They're 13, 12 & 8.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2011 at 11:08 AM

I just bought some big lined paper and I have him copy words about what we are learning. When Cole started spending a lot of time drawing is when I saw a huge advancement in neatness.

oredeb
by debbie on Nov. 25, 2011 at 11:13 AM

do you use the paper with the lines on the bottom for writing and the open top for drawing? thats the neatest paper!!!

Quoting mem82:

I just bought some big lined paper and I have him copy words about what we are learning. When Cole started spending a lot of time drawing is when I saw a huge advancement in neatness.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Sometimes. I like that stuff, too, 8)

Quoting oredeb:

do you use the paper with the lines on the bottom for writing and the open top for drawing? thats the neatest paper!!!

Quoting mem82:

Vicky1975
by on Nov. 25, 2011 at 8:12 PM

My son is 7 and we use "Horizon Penmanship" for handwriting. His handwriting was great in the beginning, but he started getting a little sloppy, so I told him he can put more effort into it or we will start a handwriting curriculum. So, here we are, using a handwriting curriculum. Since he's a boy he absolutelyl hates writing and reading and having to fill in a few words into the gaps seems to "almost kill him". I am not willing, though, to write down the answers for him and let him just tell me the correct answer. He's good at reading and writing, but for some reason does not enjoy it. I would be grateful for any advice on how to help him to love reading.

Danielle163
by on Nov. 25, 2011 at 8:51 PM

DD  is in third grade--9 in Jan. We are using Handwriting Without Tears for cursive. Its going very well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)