Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

OT Baby gear advice needed!

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2011 at 2:50 PM
BJ
  • 36 Replies

My niece is expecting her first baby in April & I have promised to get her a sling or some kind of baby carrier. My problem is I haven't bought any baby stuff in over 6 years & have no clue as to what is the best let alone what is out there to buy any more. So my question is what would you suggest based off of your own experience with them? Suggestions for any other baby products that you deem a must or just a "I love it so much" item are more then welcome.

by on Nov. 25, 2011 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
delmeg10
by on Nov. 25, 2011 at 2:56 PM

Slings or carriers are difficult to purchase prior to baby's arrival, because every baby is different. My friend bought me a sling that got rave reviews and a lot of moms recommended. Both of my boys hated it! I got the most use out of a used Baby Bjorn carrier that a friend had given me. Both of my boys absolutely loved it!

usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 25, 2011 at 5:14 PM

I have asked her to pick the one she wants & I will basically pay for it, so should I tell her to wait to pick one until the baby is here?

Quoting delmeg10:

Slings or carriers are difficult to purchase prior to baby's arrival, because every baby is different. My friend bought me a sling that got rave reviews and a lot of moms recommended. Both of my boys hated it! I got the most use out of a used Baby Bjorn carrier that a friend had given me. Both of my boys absolutely loved it!

ashlet01
by on Nov. 25, 2011 at 7:46 PM
I bought the sleepy wrap, similar to the moby. Both my girls loved it. Instant sleep when I wore them in it. If she has one picked out I would get it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2011 at 8:54 PM

I don't use them but Moby's are really popular.

delmeg10
by on Nov. 25, 2011 at 9:22 PM

I probably would. I would just hate for you to buy one and the baby doesn't end up liking it.

Quoting usmom3:

I have asked her to pick the one she wants & I will basically pay for it, so should I tell her to wait to pick one until the baby is here?

Quoting delmeg10:

usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 25, 2011 at 9:25 PM

Thanks for all your help & advice. I would hate to spend all that money ( some are very expensive) & have the baby hate it too.

Quoting delmeg10:

I probably would. I would just hate for you to buy one and the baby doesn't end up liking it.

Quoting usmom3:

Quoting delmeg10:

usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 25, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Thanks for the info I will make sure to have her look at them as well as all the other brands that are out there.

Quoting ashlet01:

I bought the sleepy wrap, similar to the moby. Both my girls loved it. Instant sleep when I wore them in it. If she has one picked out I would get it.

farmlovin
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:11 PM

I LOVED my moby wrap. It saved my sanity. They are really easy to use and wash as well. I also got a mei tai carrier that we loved when my son got to big to really be comfortable in the moby. I'll be using both with my daughter as well as a ring sling.

Honestly, I do not recommend baby bjorn to anyone. They are really bad on baby spines because they don't support the baby's legs properly. You want to avoid carriers that are "crotch danglers" like that. You want the legs & bottom to have more support.

usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:20 PM

Thank you I will share this information with her.

Quoting farmlovin:

I LOVED my moby wrap. It saved my sanity. They are really easy to use and wash as well. I also got a mei tai carrier that we loved when my son got to big to really be comfortable in the moby. I'll be using both with my daughter as well as a ring sling.

Honestly, I do not recommend baby bjorn to anyone. They are really bad on baby spines because they don't support the baby's legs properly. You want to avoid carriers that are "crotch danglers" like that. You want the legs & bottom to have more support.

gingergarcia
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:19 PM

I used the Carter baby carrier, and it worked real well for me.  I also had a moby wrap. They both are very good, but maybe she would like a different type.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN