Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

OT Baby gear advice needed!

Posted by   + Show Post

My niece is expecting her first baby in April & I have promised to get her a sling or some kind of baby carrier. My problem is I haven't bought any baby stuff in over 6 years & have no clue as to what is the best let alone what is out there to buy any more. So my question is what would you suggest based off of your own experience with them? Suggestions for any other baby products that you deem a must or just a "I love it so much" item are more then welcome.

by on Nov. 25, 2011 at 2:50 PM
Replies (31-36):
LaughterHugs
by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 9:21 PM

hahaha just saw this! <3 nikki

Quoting Boobah:

Okay, so I checked with some of my baby wearing guru's and the general consensus is to get a ring sling.  It is adjustable to mom (so any size mom can use it) and baby, and will go from birth to toddler.  I was also directed to this specific brand!  LOL  They look gorgeous, and affordable!  I'll definitely be checking them out when I get closer to baby time!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BabyEtte?section_id=6825657

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 28, 2011 at 9:29 PM

Well dang, if I knew you were in here I'd have sent you here directly!  LOL

Quoting LaughterHugs:

Quoting Boobah:

Okay, so I checked with some of my baby wearing guru's and the general consensus is to get a ring sling.  It is adjustable to mom (so any size mom can use it) and baby, and will go from birth to toddler.  I was also directed to this specific brand!  LOL  They look gorgeous, and affordable!  I'll definitely be checking them out when I get closer to baby time!

LaughterHugs
by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 9:42 PM

how did you NOT know i homeschool?

lol

i'm in seventy bajillionified groups, it's just pure luck if i happen to see something NOt in cuties, and this one happened to pop up in my feed hehehehe

Quoting Boobah:

Quoting LaughterHugs:

Quoting Boobah:

I am a conscientious objector to the child draft, on the grounds that my kids should not have to suffer for a continually disintegrating school system's abject failure to provide teachers or study materials of even minimally adequate quality.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Nov. 28, 2011 at 9:52 PM

I knew you homeschooled, I just didn't realize you were in this group :)  LOL  This group, cc, and cwcb are about all I frequent.  I occasionally pop in the Birth is Normal and my due date group.  I try to stay away from the DDG though, I can't handle all the miscarriages.  :(

Quoting LaughterHugs:

how did you NOT know i homeschool?

lol

i'm in seventy bajillionified groups, it's just pure luck if i happen to see something NOt in cuties, and this one happened to pop up in my feed hehehehe

Quoting Boobah:

Quoting LaughterHugs:

Quoting Boobah:

usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 28, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Thaks I am going to send this information to her to read.

Quoting LaughterHugs:

SO, what is right for you? I don't know. They are like shoes, you can't have just one pair.  The wrap would be your walking shoe - comfy for longer periods.  Asian inspired carriers are great for back carrying. I'd say it's a fancier walking shoe :) One shoulder carriers would be your flip flop that gives you fast in and out, but you wouldn't wear it to .. Disney, for example.

Hope that helps :)

***Special Thanks to Tanya Taylor at www.wearingbabies.com***

usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 28, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Thaks for all the pic's & information this will help us a lot.

Quoting LaughterHugs:

feel free to PM me for anymore help :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)