Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you use a Health Curriculum for the kids?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:43 PM
  • 6 Replies

what do you use or just teach them the usual stuff, brush teeth, take a bath , etc?

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ColtsFan1912
by Bekah on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:29 PM

i'm ordering the horizon one for next year. it'll be for his kindergarten year.

usmom3
by BJ on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:13 PM

Just living & doing the things that keep you healthy & clean no curriculum needed.

gingergarcia
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:31 PM

Yes, I also went over the study of how your muscles, and bones work. We made a replica of a skeleton and some other projects like a eye replica as well.  We studied the different kinds of genes and DNA.  I try to keep it as interesting as possible without going over board.

swim-mom72
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:40 PM

We are doing Apologia's Anatomy & Phys. for my 9th graders health credit this year. He is tagging along with his younger brother, who is taking it for science.

So far, we have studied cells,muscles, bones/skeleton, digestion, nutrition, Heimlich maneuver, and respiratory system. We have had some neat projects that produced a lot of good discussions and hopefully life long lessons were learned.

Still to go is blood(they will discover their own blood type and go with hubby to donate plasma), heart, nervouse system, senses, and growth/developement and life cycle. 

sha_lyn68
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2011 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

When DD was younger we used grade level approprate workbooks from The School Box. I beieve they were published by The Mailbox

This year for 8th grade we are using Connect The Thoughts Biology and Human Health. http://www.connectthethoughts.net/upper--science.php?course=21265 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2011 at 3:08 PM

We don't do anything too formal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN