Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What subject do you hate to teach? Tell us and you could win! UPDATED with WINNERS!

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 2:06 PM
  • 72 Replies
1 mom liked this

Congrats to the winners: FemaleRacer, noraa21, and SleuthMaria!

As a homeschooling mom, you need to know your stuff when it comes to lots of school subjects, from history to math to science and much more. But you have to admit, not every single subject is fun to teach.

What's the most hated subject among most homeschooling moms? We're willing to bet it's GRAMMAR!

The good news is, "Grammar Girl" makes learning the basics of grammar fun-for moms and kids alike. And YOU can win a copy of her new book here!

Just tell us all the subjects, including grammar, that you would rather NOT have to teach, or the ones that you hated as a child. Reply as many times as you want for more chances to win! Three lucky moms will each win a copy of "Grammar Girl's 101 Words to Sound Smart"!

The Official Rules
To enter the contest, reply to this post. Click on the 'reply to post' button at the top (or bottom) of that post. When the text box opens, add your reply. Once you've added your reply, click on the "Add Reply' button.

• Posts must be made between Monday, November 28, 2011 at 2:00pm EST and Sunday December 4, 2011 at 11:59 pm EST.  
  • This contest will end on Sunday December 4, 2011 at 11:59 pm EST. 
  • Three winners will be selected randomly.
  • The winners will be posted on this thread and will be notified via CafeMom PM.
  • Multiple replies are allowed and will increase your chances of winning.
  • Prizes are only available to members who live in the US or Canada (excluding Quebec).
  • Prizes must be claimed within 10 days of notice of winning.
  • Three winners will each receive one copy of "Grammar Girl's 101 Words to Sound Smart."

•·         FemaleRacer

by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2011 at 2:12 PM

Thanks Kristin and Cafe Mom!

I HATE Math. I hate it so much, I'm even sure how to describe the way I detest the subject. LOL

That's the first thing that I'm going to find a tutor for next year. 8)

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2011 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I, also, would not mind skipping geography.

Hmmm, I notice all the subjects I want to skip, are subjects I am no good at doing myself. LOL

Christiansmom44
by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 2:15 PM
Math here too! Grammar and reading are the easier ones for me, but math I just can't get through! I don't mind the basics, but the ones that make me think are beyond me now. I'll also be hiring a math tutor when the time comes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Christiansmom44
by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 2:16 PM
Earth science will be difficult also. I never took it because I went right to biology, chem, and physiology.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 2:17 PM

yep your right its grammar!! ive been through it enough times to at least start to get it! but i run when i see it!!!hahahahah

Cafe Kristin
by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 2:18 PM

I hear you on math!! I have always been terrible at it. Numbers give me anxiety! I really wish I was better at it, but I just don't think like a numbers person.

oredeb
by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 2:23 PM

awwww christianmom, earth science is the funnest!!!! (is that a word!!hahah)

we love it! so much to do and learn with experiments and hands on!!

Christiansmom44
by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 2:38 PM
Ive been avoiding it like the plague! Just thinking about it gives me anxiety. Fear of the unknown, i guess.

Quoting oredeb:

awwww christianmom, earth science is the funnest!!!! (is that a word!!hahah)

we love it! so much to do and learn with experiments and hands on!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EaiB
by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 3:48 PM

Science. It involves a lot of prep work and usually a trip to the store for supplies. And a lot of cleaning up after for bigger projects.

GirlWSlingshot
by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 4:15 PM

I hate teaching math too! All the "But why?" questions make it difficult. "I don't know why darling. It's just the way it is."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)