Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

if you go by a lesson plan

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 7:18 AM
  • 4 Replies

What lesson number are you on?  Do you try to reach a certain goal to make sure you finish on time or do you just go with it?

I am doing k-5 and for phonics and writing I am on lesson 68 and for numbers 70.  I am just trying to get an idea of where I should be-thanks!

by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 7:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Shellie1084
by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 7:20 AM

We are on lesson 65, we started late this year.

oredeb
by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 10:13 AM

do you make up your own lesson plans? i do each week, so dont know what lesson im on! i dont make goals of what to finish, and when to finish, we just go along each day doing our studies, no time limit, just working at the kids pace, when we do all the stuff i have planned for that day we are done unless the kids find something else they want to go off on.  If i dont finish all of that weeks lesson plans i just put it in the next weeks if it pertains, or just dump it.

but im sure your ok, each child learns so differently, and we all use different things to teach with, so it would be hard to compare

what curr. are you using?

NathansmomEmmie
by Member on Nov. 29, 2011 at 6:51 PM

no-I bought them.  I use abeka.  We some days will do more than the lesson plan says and sometimes less just depending on how he is grasping it.  thanks.

Quoting oredeb:

do you make up your own lesson plans? i do each week, so dont know what lesson im on! i dont make goals of what to finish, and when to finish, we just go along each day doing our studies, no time limit, just working at the kids pace, when we do all the stuff i have planned for that day we are done unless the kids find something else they want to go off on.  If i dont finish all of that weeks lesson plans i just put it in the next weeks if it pertains, or just dump it.

but im sure your ok, each child learns so differently, and we all use different things to teach with, so it would be hard to compare

what curr. are you using?

NathansmomEmmie
by Member on Nov. 29, 2011 at 6:52 PM

thanks.  Sounds like I am about were you are. 

Quoting Shellie1084:

We are on lesson 65, we started late this year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN